LCT Premier™ XE
* This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
The LCT Premier™ XE benchtop orthogonal acceleration time-of-flight (oa-TOF) mass spectrometer delivers high sensitivity, resolution, and exact mass measurements for LC/MS applications. Its fast data acquisition rates and automated workflow features match the requirements for MS detection under UPLC® conditions. A variety of ion source and software options makes the LCT Premier XE a versatile choice for a range of analytical challenges, from characterizing proteins to screening large compound libraries. Features:
- High MS resolution for the selectivity needed to separate analyte spectra from isobaric interferences and background chemical noise
- High sensitivity for achieving very low detection limits
- High linear dynamic range, which allows experiments to be carried out across a range of concentration levels
- Exact mass MS measurements, which give elemental composition information that can be used to identify analyte compounds; you can obtain exact mass on molecular and fragment ions, simplifying the process of spectrum interpretation
- Versatile ionization options that apply to a range of compound classes
- Versatile software options for a variety of applications
Routine Exact Mass Measurement
- Identify proteins or determine the elemental compositions of small molecules using routine sub 3 ppm RMS mass measurements
- Obtain exact mass data without spectral interference or suppression effects using the LockSpray™ ion source
- Target on the correct molecular formulae with i-FIT™ Software, which considers both exact mass and isotope patterns when reporting elemental compositions
- Gain confidence from a spectral resolution in excess of 12,000 FWHM, which enables analyte peaks to be separated from interfering ions that might cause significant errors in exact mass determination
- Easily switch between ESI, APcl, ESC® and APPI ionization options
- Choose from LockSpray and nanoLockSpray™ sources for either normal flow or nanoflow chromatography
- Obtain greater coverage for screening applications by rapidly switching between positive and negative ionization modes during LC/MS analyses
- Keep up with the highly resolved and rapidly eluting peaks associated with ACQUITY UPLC® chromatography with a data acquisition rate of up to 20 spectra/sec
- Perform non-target compound screening with the ChromaLynx™ Application Manager
- Quickly identify drug metabolites and degradation products with the MetaboLynx™ Application Manager
- Analyze complex datasets for metabonomic and other chemometric experiments using the MarkerLynx™ Application Manager
The LCT Premier XE’s sensitivity, fast acquisition and exact mass capability make it ideal for a variety of applications. Investigation of Non-Covalently Bound Protein Complexes ESI spectrum of proteasome 20S, a 700 kDa protein complex composed of 28 subunits arranged in four heptameric, tightly stacked rings to form a cylindrical structure. Sensitivity
Analyze compounds at trace levels using the sensitivity afforded by dual-stage ion transfer optics Atmospheric Solids Analysis Prove
The Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe (ASAP) is a powerful tool for the rapid direct analysis of volatile and semi-volatile, solid and liquid samples using atmospheric pressure ionization.
The ASAP technique utilizes the heated nitrogen desolvation gas to vaporize the sample and a corona discharge for sample ionization. This allows low polarity compounds not amenable to ESI, APcI, and APPI to be ionized with a high degree of sensitivity. Furthermore complex mixtures can be analyzed without the need for any sample preparation.
The Atmospheric Solids Analysis Probe is readily fitted to a standard API source by replacing either the ESI or APcI probe assembly. A corona discharge pin also requires fitting. The close proximity of the sample, when loaded onto a glass capillary tube, to the point of ionization and the MS inlet, improves sensitivity whilst also ensuring safety due to the enclosed source housing.
Instruments are operated in combined Electrospray/APcI mode (ESCi®). This provides for the acquisition of both analyte data in APcI mode and reference data in electrospray mode, enabling exact mass measurements to be produced.
The probe is designed to have both fixed & removable sections to allow rapid sample introduction without removal of the complete assembly ensuring stable source conditions. Routine Exact Mass Compound X was analyzed via repeat LC/MS injections over a course of 10 days. The mean RMS mass measurement error for these data = 1.9 ppm. Sensitivity Sensitivity achieved from 10 pg of reserpine injected on column.
LCT Premier XE
Manuals and Resources
Note: We appreciate the support of individuals and companies making their documents and resources available to our community. If you find a document or resource that does not belong please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org