5975C Series GC/MSD
Welcome to the next generation of the industry-proven Agilent 5975 Series MSD -— the most popular GC/MS of all time. The Agilent 5975C inert MSD with its Triple-Axis Detector gives you innovative design features to boost your lab’s productivity and advanced analytical capabilities that enhance your results—and your confidence. In addition to delivering better MS resolution and the lowest mass deviation available, the system offers superior sensitivity and spectral integrity. Advanced analysis routines let you get more information from every run, and the latest version of automated spectral deconvolution, identification, and quantification software provides higher quality analyses with even less operator time and attention.
5975C Series GC/MSD
|| Triple-Acis HED-EM with extended life EM
|Mass Spectrometer Type
|| Quadrupole Mass Analyzer
||Mass Selective Detector |
Mode (standard): EI
Modes (optional): PCI, NCI, EI with CI source
Ion source type: Noncoated inert EI source for turbomolecular pump systems (optional for diffusion pump system). Stainless steel EI source for diffusion pump system.
Mass filter: Monolithic hyperbolic quadrupole
Maximum mass: 1050 u
Pumping system: 65 L/s diffusion pump, 70 L/s or 262 L/s turbomolecular pump with 2.5 m3/h mechanical pump
Installation Checkout Specifications
EI scan sensitivity: 1 µL injection of a 1-pg/µL OFN standard scanning from 50 to 300 u will give a nominal m/z 272 ion
With helium: S/N 400:1 for turbo systems, 200:1 for the diffusion system
With hydrogen: S/N 100:1 for turbo systems and 50:1 for the diffusion system
PCI scan sensitivity: 1 µL injection of a 100 pg/µL BZP standard scanning from 80 to 230 u will give 125:1 S/N with methane and 500:1 with ammonia at nominal m/z 183 ion
NCI scan sensitivity: 2 µL injection of a 100 fg/µL OFN standard scanning from 50 to 300 u will give 600:1 S/N with methane and 300:1 with ammonia at nominal m/z 272 ion.
See PDF for further specifications.
- Inert ion source—now programmable up to 350°C—delivers enhanced response for active compounds and late eluters
- Proprietary hyperbolic quadrupole enhances performance up to 1050 u; the unique stability of the quartz monolith allows the analyzer to be heated to 200°C to eliminate contamination commonly seen at lower temperatures
- Triple-Axis HED-EM Detector provides the market’s highest signal-to-noise specification (1 pg OFN, 400:1)
- Trace Ion Detection and the second generation of Deconvolution Reporting Software (DRS) accurately identify and quantify trace components that coelute with other analytes or matrix peaks
- Synchronous SIM/Scan mode lets you selectively monitor for ions of interest with high sensitivity SIM while simultaneously acquiring library-searchable scan data
- Safe operation with low cost, hydrogen carrier gas—with sensitivity greater than most other GC/MS systems
- All ionization modes (PCI, NCI and EI) in one automated sequence using the standard Cl source; AutoCI feature makes CI as easy as EI
- High performance and entry level models that are perfectly complemented by the Agilent 7890A GC, 6890 GC, and 6850 GC
- MSD Productivity ChemStation for most laboratories and MSD Security ChemStation for laboratories adhering to FDA’s 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines
Built on a solid foundation of industry leadership, reliability and performance, the Agilent 5975C Series GC/MSD with the Triple-Axis Detector incorporates significant product enhancements to improve analytical performance and take your lab to the next level of productivity. High temperature, solid inert ion source boost productivity
The proprietary inert source fulfills three fundamental requirements. Inertness minimizes loss of active, neutral molecules from the GC. High temperature (350 °C) supports excellent peak shapes even for high boiling compounds and minimizes contamination from high boiling matrices. A novel lens element extends into the quadrupole to optimally transfer ions into the center of the RF/DC field for the highest S/N in the industry. Gold standard quadrupole design and performance
The unique quadrupole has unsurpassed performance and reliability. This true hyperbolic quartz structure will give lower field errors, better resolution and superb mass axis stability, regardless of operating temperature. In fact, the remarkable stability of the monolithic quartz allows analyzer temperatures up to 200 °C to ensures analyzer cleanliness throughout the life of the MSD. Triple-Axis Detector
The triple-axis orientation places the HED-EM doubly off-axis from the axis of the transmission quadrupole. This evolutionary change allows ion collection to be maximized (increased signal) and neutral noise to be reduced below off-axis detector designs. The detector also introduces a triple-channel multiplier with increased amplification and longer life. Agilent’s Gain Normalized optimization of the EM ensures the optimal balance between ion count, linearity and EM life expectancy. Furthermore, Gain Normalization means consistent sensitivity during the aging of the EM and consistent ion counts between multiple GC/MSD systems. Trace Ion Detection and the second generation of Deconvolution Reporting Software (DRS) delivers a real performance improvement for trace analysis in complex matrices
Trace Ion Detection digitally filters noise from baselines, peaks and spectra to improve detection with or without DRS. For coelution problems found in the most complex samples, the deconvolution power of NIST AMDIS is the ultimate tool for trace analysis by GC/MS. After deconvolution, “cleaned” spectra provide better library search results, and quantification based upon deconvoluted peaks reduces the errors in MS target ions. The ChemStation fully integrates AMDIS results into QEdit and report functions so the analyst can quickly compare standard and deconvoluted results. With Trace Ion Detection and DRS, method detection limits (MDL) and limits of quantitation (LOQ) are lower. False positives and false negatives are reduced for the highest confidence in the data. High-Performance Selected Ion Monitoring (SIM) and Full Scan
Synchronous SIM/Scan functionality captures SIM data and full scan data in the same acquisition, with no compromise in analytical performance. SIM dwell times can be set in from over 100 msec to 1 msec in 1 msec increments. AutoSIM automatically converts scan data into SIM or SIM/scan acquisition parameters—saving setup time for methods with many peaks. Capillary Flow Technologies that improve productivity, lower costs and increase analytical power
5th generation EPC with inert, low-mass, low-dead volume devices and leak-free, in-oven connections have created numerous GC configurations that enhance capabilities and performance. For GC/MS analyses of complex samples with late eluting matrix peaks, backflush is an essential tool. Shorter analyses, less source cleaning and longer column life are valuable benefits for any laboratory. Capillary splitters and Deans switching simplify and improve the reliability of complementary detection schemes such as MSD-ECD and heart-cutting methods. With ChemStation control, these functions can be used as routinely as the simplest GC/MSD method. GC/MS software helps you make the most of every run, and every workday
Agilent MSD Productivity ChemStation software makes it easy even for non-expert operators to take advantage of all the power of the Agilent 5975C GC/MSD. Advanced capabilities include:
Maintenance and Reliability Features
- Control of two GC/MS systems from a single MSD ChemStation
- Integrated control of the versatile CTC PAL autosamplers can boost your lab’s output with automated sample preparation (available option).
- Retention Time Locking (RTL) gives you repeatable retention times across systems regardless of operator, detector type and column maintenance. In combination with Agilent or user-created databases, it will let you quickly screen unknown peaks with added confidence.
- Automatic tuning to ensure more accurate results every time for EI, PCI and NCI Modes.
- SemiQuant capability to estimate the concentration of uncalibrated compounds.
- Integration with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) makes it easy to store, retrieve and organize all of the electronic data generated in your laboratory – including your GC/MSD files and reports.
Modular analyzer assembly offers complete access to the filament ion source, and electron multiplier for faster routine maintenance.
Front glass window provides simple source identification, as well as a complete view of critical connections.
High-reliability vacuum system assures maximum long-term performance; available oil-free pumping systems virtually eliminate pump maintenance, reduce noise, and can be used with corrosive gases such as ammonia.
The complete 5975C lineup with the Triple-Axis Detector includes:
- 5975C VL MSD — Economical, small-footprint system for routine analyses
- 5975C inert MSD — High performance, full-featured system for demanding analyses
- 5975C inert XL MSD — High performance, full-featured system optimized for complex EI analyses
- 5975C inert XL EI/CI MSD — Highest level of GC/MS performance and productivity available
Manuals and Resources
Note: We appreciate the support of individuals and companies making their documents and resources available to our community. If you find a document or resource that does not belong please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org