Choose the Proper Pipette
A number of pipettes are available on the market. You should choose one that's easy to operate and provides safe and secure pipetting. These guidelines will help you select a suitable pipette.
- The pipette should be lightweight. Choose one that is cushioned or contoured to your hand.
- Choose a pipette that uses your fingers instead of thumb to operate a trigger.
- You should pick a plunger with low spring pressure and short length of travel.
- Choose a pipette of proper size. Wrap your hand around the pipette; if it covers less than half of the pipette, the pipette is too big. But if your hand wraps around the whole pipette, it is too small.
- The tip ejector should require minimal force. Thin-walled tips are easy for ejection. If possible, use pipette-specific tips.
Click here to read more about choosing the proper pipette.