Top 5 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
- For what applications will you be using the instrument for? This will help you determine the detection range you require. Don’t forget to consider future applications that may require a broader range.
- What range of stray light performance are you comfortable with for your application and budget?
- Consider what sort of samples you’ll be working with in order to determine what absorbance range you will need in your UV-Vis spectrophotometer. For example, if it is a turbid or concentrated liquid or a solid sample that is optically thick, you may require a working absorbance range between 5 Å and 8 Å or higher.
- What level of throughput and reliability do you need?
- How much will the instrument cost? Don’t forget to factor in the cost of maintenance, etc. along with the cost of acquisition.
Click here to read more about choosing the right UV-VIS Spectrophotometer for your needs.