Top 5 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Centrifuge
When it comes to common technology in a laboratory, centrifuges rise toward the top of the list. Centrifuges separate particles and structures suspended in liquid by applying thousands of gravitational force equivalents to the sample through spinning and play a role in a wide range of workflows and applications.
- What is the maximum g-force the centrifuge can generate?
- How does the company’s centrifuge differ from other ones that can achieve the same speed and capacity?
- What kind of warranty comes with the centrifuge and what does it cover?
- If the company discontinues the product, for how many years do they provide accessories and parts for the centrifuge?
- Ask about cost of the purchase— not just the price of the product being installed but the total cost of ownership including price, service expectations, warranty, etc.
Click here to read more about choosing the right centrifuge for you!