- The balance is unable to hold calibration, needing re-calibration after very few weighing tasks.
- The displayed results drift up or down, jump for no apparent reason, or are consistently unstable.
- The lab’s weighing needs have changed and the facility could benefit from more advanced features such as up-todate data communication interfaces, statistical calculations, storage of readings, and product identification codes.
- The stability and repeatability are no longer accurate.
- Integration to a computer may be necessary and there may be definitive signs of corrosion.
- The balance requires constant maintenance.
Top 6 Questions You Should Ask When Buying a Lab Balance
- What is the heaviest sample you will weigh (including container weight) and what is the lightest sample?
- What is the required +/- tolerance of your lightest sample?
- How many decimal places in grams do you require for the displayed weight?
- What type of samples will you be weighing and do you need to take into consideration the size of the weighing surface or the securing of a tare container?
- Is on-site service available from a factory-trained service technician?
- Do you need to interface the balance to another device such as a computer, printer, bar code reader, etc.?
Recently Released Balances
Excellence Plus XP Micro Balances
- Especially qualified for micro-dosing directly into large tare containers
- Features SmartGrid micro, SmartSens and SmartScreen—three innovations combined in one balance—ensuring comprehensive weighing security
- Provide optimal user protection, excellent measurement performance, full data security and seamless traceability
- Include built-in warning systems that visually and audibly alert the user
- Engineered with the UniBloc technology
- Provides fast response and superb stability in a 0.1mg analytical balance
- Various application functions, two modes of fully automatic calibration and back lit display support many requirements
- Choice of fully-automatic calibrations available: PSC and Clock –CAL
- Calibration report can be automatically printed with the optional electronic printer
- Designed to meet the needs of laboratories, schools, industry and commercial users offering a wide range of applications
- Includes 16+ weighing units (including one custom unit)
- Features selectable digital filtering for animal / dynamic weighing
- Also includes adjustable filters and simple user-friendly operation as well as full range tare and zero tracking
- Features four user programmable touchless sensors
- Offers hands-free operation of tare, zero, print, calibration and other functions to minimize cross-contamination or unwanted residue on the balance
- Improves weighing speed and efficiency in the laboratory
- Sensors eliminate the extra effort or time to press the balance’s keys
- Balance also includes enhanced SmarText™ 2.0 easy-to-use graphical software
Article courtesy of Lab Manager Magazine.
Check out our Balances Category on LabWrench