New OpenLAB CDS Increases Data Security, Lab Productivity, Cost Savings
Agilent Technologies Inc. introduced the latest revision of its Chromatography Data System (CDS) software, OpenLAB CDS A.02.01. The enhanced software features exclusive benefits for chemical, petrochemical, high-throughput and regulated laboratories. It provides new data acquisition, data analysis, reporting, secure storage and e-Familiarization capabilities that increase laboratory productivity and lower costs in all chromatography laboratories. A software maintenance agreement entitles all customers to these enhancements at no additional cost.
“The new release of OpenLAB CDS dramatically reduces the time needed to capture, analyze and share chromatography and mass spectrometry data,” said Bruce von Herrmann, vice president and general manager of Agilent’s Software and Informatics Division. “With this release, Agilent continues to expand OpenLAB CDS to deliver time and cost savings to help all types of labs achieve greater productivity.”
New features include:
- Flexible data capture – Support for the latest Agilent GC and LC systems, as well as third-party systems, enables labs to get the most from their chromatography instruments.
- Reliable automation – Enhancements to sequencing and barcode error handling provide maximum uptime for automated workflows, increasing productivity and reducing errors.
- Fast data analysis – Data analysis is often the bottleneck in lab operations. OpenLAB’s Peak Explorer, a new data visualization tool, speeds review of highly complex chromatographic data. Users can browse multiple sample runs containing multiple peaks, rapidly, in a single software window.
- Powerful reporting – OpenLAB CDS Intelligent Reporting with intuitive drag-and-drop capability has been expanded to provide more ways to tailor reports to specific workflows. Enhancements include support for all types of calibration curves and new options for report formatting and annotating, creating charts, and importing data from other applications.
- Secure content management – For labs that must comply with US FDA 21 CFR Part 11 regulations, Agilent now has a solution for the data produced by a single instrument or hundreds of instruments. With this release of OpenLAB CDS, Agilent delivers scalable and secure content management from workstation-level to enterprise-wide deployments.
- Simple upgrade path – Laboratories upgrading to OpenLAB CDS from previous revisions of Agilent CDS software avoid the need to recreate methods and compound lists, preserving investments in workflows, methods, data and training.
- Personalized on-demand training – The new e-Familiarization tool provides a tailored approach to getting started with the software, allowing users to learn at their own pace.