In every lab, efficiency and precision are critical – that’s why it’s essential to use the correct balance. There are many considerations in selecting the right lab balance. These questions can help you pick the best balance for your laboratory.
- What tasks do you want the balance to perform?
- What level of precision is required for the job?
- Including the weight of containers, how much capacity will you need?
- Do your tasks require multiple units of measure?
- What size pan is required?
Other important considerations include the need for internal/external calibration; below-balance weighing; dynamic weighing; USB/RS-232 connection; specific gravity calculations; lockdown capabilities; and plastic/metal housing.