(Chemical Science building F10 Room G37)
• 9am: Basics to powder XRD for the characterisation of various material types
• 10am: Introduction to Mark Wainwright Analytical Lab's XRD diffraction facilities
• 10.30am: Coffee / Tea break
(Chemical Science building F10 Room G65)
• 10.45am: Basic powder XRD hands-on session using the Aeris tabletop diffractometer:
- Learn how to avoid sample prep pitfalls, ensure optimized measurement conditions and good data quality
- Learn how to perform phase ID using HighScore software**
• 12.30pm: End
About Dr Narygina
Dr Olga Narygina is Malvern Panalytical's Asia Pacific Application Specialist. She was previously the Application Specialist in our Supply Centre in the Netherlands, and has recently relocated to Brisbane, Australia. Her specialization is in powder X-ray diffraction at ambient and non-ambient conditions.
About Dr Wang
Dr Yu Wang is the Scientific Officer for Powder Diffraction Instruments at UNSW's Mark Wainwright Analytical Center. He has published more than 90 papers relating to lithium / sodium storage and more.
Complimentary entry upon registration
Benefit from our hands-on learning workshop
- Have a chance to operate our latest tabletop XRD using your samples
- Pick up tips on how to properly prepare your samples, ensure optimized measurement conditions and good data quality
- Gain confidence in performing phase ID on HighScore software
** For the HighScore software hands on session, each participant will be given a complimentary demo license. Please bring along your own laptop to download. MAC laptops are not supported.