Malvern Panalytical’s HighScore Plus is a powerful software platform used for X-ray Diffraction data analysis including pattern treatment, phase identification, crystallographic analysis, Rietveld refinements and quantification methods and several other new features. The HighScore Software Training course is aimed at personnel interested in learning various aspect of using the software for different data analysis methods. It is a two-and-a-half-day course, with hands on experience in using the software with your own Laptop PCs. Participants are expected to bring their own laptops to get the latest the HighScore Plus trial version software installed. The HighScore software can handle XRD data collected from most of the XRD brands in the market and is an offline software, so the course is brand neutral. The course will be conducted by our XRD Application Specialist visiting from our factory in the Netherlands.
Who should attend:
• XRD users who are using any brand of XRD system and wanting to learn and use the Malvern Panalytical’s HighScore software for data analysis.
• HighScore software users who want to improve their expertise in Rietveld analysis and learn some of the new features in the latest HighScore Plus version 4 of the software.
• Beginners with basic knowledge of Powder pattern treatments wanting to learn about the features and use of the HighScore software.
• Opportunity to refresh and improve your knowledge in using the HighScore software
• Professional training by Malvern Panalytical’s factory Expert and certificate for users
• Learning some of the new and interesting capabilities in the software
• Improves reasoning and confidence in XRD data analysis using HighScore
• Opportunity to network with peers and industry professionals
• HighScore pattern treatment methods, Phase identification with databases, profile fitting methods
• Structure refinement methods using rietveld for quantitative phase analysis, size-strain determinations, Line Profile Analysis etc.
• Amorphous content determination, PONKCS method quantification
• Direct Derivation Method
• Cluster Analysis and new features such as PLS regression for calibrating material properties using XRD data, Bitmap conversions, Chemistry calculators
• Other functionalities such as Batch analysis setup, Roboriet automated rietveld analysis setup
• Bring your own laptops and ensure admin rights have been issued for installation with the latest HighScore Plus trial license
• Recommended Laptop configuration to bring : Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate (64bit) with SP1 or Windows 8.1 Pro (64bit), minimum 4 GB RAM with CD drive or USB slot. Internet Explorer vs 8 minimum. Other OS Win XP or 32 bit Win 7 or Win 8 not advisable to use. HighScore is not supported on Apple MAC computers.
• Early bird price (valid till 1 Jun): $2,520 excluding GST
• $2,800 excluding GST
• Special Academia prices available
Which will include the below:
• Certificate of achievement
• Class room lectures and hands-on practical
• Course reading material (soft and hard copy)
• Refreshments and lunches (during the course)
• Course dinner
All cheques should be made out to Spectris Australia Pty Ltd and attached with our confirmation email.
*Travel and other costs associated with living in the city during the course will be borne by the course participant.
• No course refunds will be given for no shows or participant cancellations
• Should you be unable to attend the intended course, you will be able to postpone your attendance to the next available course date
- August 26 2019 - August 28 2019
09:00 - 17:00
(GMT+10:00) AUS Eastern [Sydney]
- University of New South Wales, Mark Wainwright Analytical Center, Chemical Sciences Building, High St, Sydney, Australia, 2052
- Event type:
- Classroom based training