What will I learn ?
1. How to achieve better XRD data analysis, namely during phase identification
2. How to properly grind samples
3. Understanding the range of sample holders and which to use for different sample types
Dr Daniel Lee, Malvern Panalytical's senior application specialist for XRD, based in South Korea
Dr Lee has a PhD in Materials Science and Engineering. his expertise is on PVD, thin-film analysis, phorphors, solar cells, lithium ion batteries and thin-film battery research. He has been instrumental in providing application support using X-ray diffraction analysis to various industries including electronics, batteries, pharmaceuticals, building materials and more. These include powder diffraction, Rietveld refinement, small angle X-ray scattering, stress and texture research. Prior to joining Malvern Panalytical in 2013, he worked as a senior researcher with GS Nanotech. He was involved in the process engineering process for thin film lithium ion batteries. He also held prior appointments within the R and D team at Telio Solar Korea for CIGS solar cell development.
Who should attend?
• Researchers involved in materials characterization analysis who want to expand their knowledge in X-ray diffraction
• Relevant industries include (but are not limited to) those researching on battery, powder metallurgy, cement, mining and minerals, environmental monitoring, pharmaceuticals and more
• R and D and manufacturing leaders responsible for appropriate analytics selection
• Scientists engaged in method development for new materials or in supporting root cause analysis investigations in support of product manufacturing
How long is this webinar?
40 minutes is the intended speaker time with additional time for addressing queries.
Join our free series of webinars: "Better XRD data analysis and interpretation for materials characterization":
- Webinar 1: Introduction to powder X-ray diffraction. More info
- Webinar 2: Studying battery cathode materials using X-ray diffraction More info
- Webinar 3: Expand your powder XRD applications for materials characterization research More info
- Webinar 4: Good vs bad XRD patterns: how to improve your phase analysis. More info
- Webinar 5: Better XRD data quality: importance of good samples preparation.
- Webinar 6: Improving your phase search mapping by defining your elemental range: introduction to elemental analysis using X-ray fluorescence. More info
- Webinar 7: Range of XRD instruments to aid materials characterization research. More info