This webinar is the last part of our Masterclass Training Series. We have talked about the basics of laser diffraction and some factors that affect the reproducibility of results. We will now zoom into some industrial applications of laser diffraction and illustrate how particle size can be used to understand product performance and control production processes across various sectors.
In addition, we will look at supporting techniques such as automated image analysis in more detail. Laser diffraction provides rapid particle size measurement, but this is achieved through assuming that measured particles are spherical. While this is enough for the needs of product quality control, automated image analysis plays an important role towards determining product performance. Depending on your purpose, you may wish more irregular particle shapes for added surface area and hence adjoining to viruses. Or you may choose to have more regulated particle shapes to influence stability and durability. Our application specialist will discuss various industrial examples to help you expand your applications.
Interested to learn more? Scroll down to register your interest for our series of MasterClasses.
- Measurement type:
- Particle size
- November 25 2020 - November 25 2020
- 14:00 - 15:00
Western Australia Time [Australia]
- Event type:
- Webinar - Live
- Mastersizer range
- Laser Diffraction
- Manufacturing, Research and Analytical Services
What will I learn?
1. Examples on how to expand your applications concerning particle size
2. See how you can complement particle size with other techniques like particle shape analysis
3. Gain a better understanding of the implications of particle size and shape analysis towards your product's performance, stability, durability and more
4. Results analysis, interpretation and understanding its implications
Dr Chanwook Park , Applications and Product Manager at Malvern Panalytical, based in South Korea
Dr Park joined Malvern Panalytical in 2007 as an Application Specialist. At present, he is the Application and Product Manager in Korea. Dr. Park completed his PhD in Polymer Engineering at Dankook University in Yongin, South Korea. He specializes in particle size (laser diffraction, DLS), particle shape, and concentration analysis. In his work, he actively supports various industries from pharmaceuticals, cement, steel, academia, and more. He is instrumental in helping customers to choose the relevant instrumentation for their R and D as well as QC process, training them on how to optimize their solutions through expanding their applications.
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in learning about particle size distribution analysis
- Anyone interested in learning about the laser diffraction technique
- QC and R+D personnel across industries including cement, food, chemicals, cosmetics, inks and more
- Anyone interested in understanding the applications and implications of particle size distribution analysis for their academic research as well as process manufacturing
How long is this webinar?
60 minutes is the intended speaker time with additional time for addressing queries.
Join our free MasterClass series:
- MasterClass 1: Introduction to particle size using laser diffraction. More info
- MasterClass 2: Expanding your applications with wet dispersion analysis. More info
- MasterClass 3: Method development and practical tips on sampling and maintenance for best quality results. More info
- MasterClass 4: Particle size applications and other particle analysis related measurements like particle shape. More info