One of the most important aspects in a lab is the safety of personnel from harmful pathogens. This is the primary role of a Biological Safety Cabinet which uses particulate filters to remove bacteria and viruses from the air. It is highly important that biological safety cabinets are installed correctly and the following steps must be followed to ensure this:
- Make sure the cabinet is located away from the entrance/exits
- Do not install directly across from workstations
- Allow access to filters for annual certification testing and filter changes
- Top of the cabinet must be at least 18” below the ceiling
NuAire is LabWrench’s sponsor for Biological Safety Cabinets and they offer a wide variety of class I, II, and III cabinets for every lab’s needs. Check out this brochure on the ergonomic advantages of NuAire Biological Safety Cabinets.
The following products by NuAire have recently been added to the LabWrench Biological Safety Cabinets category.
- NuAire Labgard 435, series models NU-435-400 and NU-435-600
- NuAire Cellgard 481, series models NU-481-400, NU-481-500 and NU-481-600
Look for these symbols , , to add the Biological Safety Cabinets category or your favorite manufacturers and equipment to your communities so you don’t miss out on all the latest news and updates!
Product Research Coordinator
LabX Media Group