The Centrifan PE Personal Evaporator combines the features of a centrifuge and a blow-down evaporator for simple, vacuum-free, sample safe operation.
The Centrifan PE incorporates a spinning rotor with fan blades that generate a high flow rate of drying gas which is directed onto the surface of the solvent contained in the scintillation vials. The rotor generates centrifugal force to keep 100% of the solute pressed in the scintillation vials, thus preventing compound loss and cross contamination. Solvent vapors from the trapped volume of gas are continuously flowed through a secondary loop with a dry ice cold trap to eliminate solvent vapors. The Centrifan PE operates without vacuum, which eliminates the potential for cross contamination and sample loss caused by solvent bumping.
With a small 8 in. x 8 in. footprint and only 18 in. high, the Centrifan PE is self-contained, requires little bench space, and doesn't need to be placed beneath a fume hood. The device accommodates up to six 20 mL scintillation vials. Rotor inserts for Eppendorf and Agilent vials will be available shortly.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Recent Questions & Answers
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of Centrifan™ PE Personal Evaporator
- Vacuum-Free - no bumping or splashing to risk sample purity and yield
- Centrifugal Evaporation - sample securely pressed in spinning containers
- Versatile - ideal for LC fractions, synthesis reactions, harsh inorganic chemistry, cold room operations, toxic compounds, radioisotopes
- LowMaintenance - no vacuum pump; no noise; simple unattended operation
- Temperature - programmable ambient to 55°C
- Off-Timer - programmable from minutes to hours
- Green Solvent Recovery - captured gas recirculates in a closed system; toxic materials are contained
- Easy-to-Use - close the lid to start
- Flexible - concentrate samples or evaporate to complete dryness
- Compact – portable, minimal bench space
- Containers - use 20/40 mL scintillation vials, 1.6 mL Eppendorf tubes, 4 mL (1 dram) vials, 15 mL Falcon tubes
|Depth||8 in saves bench space|
|Height||18 in compact|
|Power Requirements||115/230 VAC|
6 x 20 mL Scintillation Vials
4 x 40 mL Scintillation Vials
8 x 16 mm x 100 mmTest Tubes
16 x 1.6 mL Eppendorf Tubes
6 x 15 Falcon tubes
8 x 4 mL (1 Dram) Sample Vials
VideosView All Videos
Centrifan PE Personal Evaporator Quick Overview