Follow this Equipment
Thermo Scientific - LTQ Orbitrap XL™ Hybrid Ion Trap-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer
Manufactured by Thermo Scientific
Perform a range of applications from protein identification, to biomarker discovery, de novo sequencing and metabolite...
Perform a range of applications from protein identification, to biomarker discovery, de novo sequencing and metabolite profiling, with confidence. The Thermo Scientific™ LTQ Orbitrap XL™ Hybrid Ion Trap-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer is a Fourier Transform Mass Spectrometer (FTMS) based on Thermo Scientific™ LTQ XL™ linear ion trap and Orbitrap mass spectrometer technologies. To enhance the flexibility of fragmentation experiments for advanced proteomics and small molecule research, the instrument features an HCD collision cell.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
LC-MS Systems Service ProvidersView All (41)
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of LTQ Orbitrap XL™ Hybrid Ion Trap-Orbitrap Mass Spectrometer
- High mass accuracy lowers false positive rates
- Parallel acquisition mode optimizes productivity
- High MS and MS/MS sensitivity, wide dynamic range and fast cycle times increase protein identifications
- HCD collision cell provides high fragmentation efficiency combined with high sensitivity for the reporter and fragment ions of the peptide sequence
- Reliable identification and quantification in one experiment
De novo Sequencing
- High mass accuracy and high resolution leads to high confidence de novo sequencing results
- Multiple collision modes (CID and HCD) provide comprehensive structural information
Metabolite Profiling and Identification
- High mass accuracy, sensitivity, and dynamic range enable reliable profiling of low-abundance metabolites in complex mixtures
- MSn spectral tree fingerprints distinguish between isobaric compounds
- Thermo Scientific™ SIEVE™ and Mass Frontier™ software facilitate determination of differentially expressed metabolites
- Thermo Scientific™ MetWorks™ and Mass Frontier software automates structural elucidation
Thermo Scientific™ MetWorks, Mass Frontier, PEAKS™, ProMass™ Deconvolution, ProsightPC, Proteome Discoverer™ and SIEVE software are available to increase data analysis productivity.
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
There are no General Specifications available.