Simultaneous thermal analysis with maximum efficiency and versatility
Single and double hoist systems for the different types of exchangeable furnaces open up the extremely broad temperature range of -160°C to 2000°C, supported by a multitude of sample carriers and crucibles.
The STA sample carriers are always equipped with a thermocouple for direct measurement of the temperature at the sample/reference crucible (DSC/DTA). There are a number of different thermocouple types to choose from, depending on the application.
The STA 409 CD is designed for simultaneous TGA-DSC or simultaneous TGA-DTA measurements. The TGA sample carriers can be exchanged with TGA-DSC or TGA-DTA sample carriers in a matter of seconds so that a very powerful and versatile STA is always ready.
When equipped with the Skimmer mass spectrometer coupling, the STA 409 CD becomes the most sophisticated instrument on the market for the analysis of condensable vapors that evolve from a sample at temperatures ranging up to 1450°C or 2000°C.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Need Equipment Support?
Features of STA 409 CD
- Mass flow controller for 2 purge gases and 1 protective gas (optional)
- High vacuum-tight assembly up to 10-4 mbar (10-2 Pa)
- c-DTA® for the calculated DTA-signal, ideal for temperature calibration at pure TGA applications
- TGA-DSC and TGA-DTA sample carriers for real simultaneous operation
- Coupling to FTIR, MS and GC-MS over a heatable adapter (option)
- Extension with unique PulseTA® system (option)
- Skimmer coupling for mass spectrometer (1450°C or 2000°C) (option)
There are no General Specifications available.
Temperature range: -160°C ... 2000°
Heating and cooling rates: 0.01 K/min ... 100 K/min (dependent on furnace)
Weighing system: 15000 mg
TGA resolution: 2 µg
DSC resolution: < 1 µW (dependent on sensor)
Atmospheres: inert, oxidizing, reducing, corrosive (to be discussed), static, dynamic