The DMA 242 E ...
The DMA 242 E Artemis has replaced the DMA 242 C
The new DMA 242 E Artemis combines ease of handling with the user-friendly Proteus® measurement and evaluation software. This makes it fast and easy to characterize the dynamic-mechanical properties as a function of frequency, temperature and time.
Its modular design along with a wide variety of sample holders and cooling systems allow the DMA 242 E Artemis to handle a broad range of applications and samples.
Various add-on options make it the ideal device for any laboratory and a safe investment for the long-term.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Need Equipment Support?
Features of DMA 242 E Artemis
- Hang-down design for easy accessibility, handling and changing of the different sample holders
- Over 30 different sample holders for optimal adjustment of measurement conditions to material properties
- Controlled gas flow (inert or oxidizing) with optimal heat transfer on samples for defined measurement conditions
- Various cooling options. Two different cooling systems; liquid nitrogen-controlled cooling to -170°C and compressed-air cooling with vortex tube to cool to 0°C
- Controlled force range up to 24 N (12 N static and 12 N dynamic) for measurements of very stiff samples. Increased resolution in the measuring range 4 N static and 4 N dynamic
- A stepper motor with a 20-mm travel range allows for precise testing on materials which exhibit substantial changes in length during a DMA measurement. This is particularly important for the different static experiments available with the DMA 242 E Artemis; i.e., creep, relaxation and TMA mode.
|Temperature Range||-170 to 600 °C|
|Heating Rate||0.01 to 20 K/min|
Frequency range: 0.01 to 100 Hz
High force range: 24 N (12 N static and 12 N dynamic)
High resolution force range: 8 N (4 N static and 4 N dynamic)
Maximum controlled strain amplitude: ±240 Μm
Static deformation: Up to 20 mm
Modulus range: 10-3 to 106 MPa
Damping range (tanΔ): 0.005 to 100
- Liquid nitrogen
- Compressed air with vortex tube for cooling to 0°C
- 3-point bending
- Single / dual cantilever bending
- Compression / penetration
Additional measurement modes:
- TMA mode
- Creep / relaxation
- Stress / strain sweep
Sample geometries: Dependent on the deformation mode, e.g. for 3-point bending max. sample dimensions: length: 60 mm, width: 12 mm, thickness: 5 mm
- Immersion bath
- Humidity generator
- UV equipment
- Dielectric Analyzer (DEA)