Particle Metrology System
Archimedes is an innovative, high-performance system which harnesses the technique of resonant mass measurement in order to detect and count particles in the size range 50nm - 5µm and to measure particle mass and size. Archimedes is uniquely positioned to quantitatively measure protein aggregates within and beyond the range of 100nm - 1µm, highlighted as a particular concern for immunogenicity and product safety.
Central to Archimedes is a MEMS (Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems) technology sensor, allowing the highly sensitive, reliable and reproducible measurement of aggregates, one by one. Archimedes is also capable of providing information on sample concentration, viscosity, polydispersity, density and volume, and distinguishing between negatively buoyant proteinaceous particles and positively buoyant contaminating silicone oil droplets.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of Archimedes
- Ideally positioned for biopharmaceutical manufacturers and developers.
- Unique and accurate particle counting capability in the size range 50nm - 5µm.
- Exquisite sensitivity: measurement of particle mass to 350ag.
- Highly accurate particle size measurement from 50nm to 5µm.
- Excellent size resolution, <20nm at 1µm diameter.
- Low sample consumption: only 100µL.
- Differentiation between negatively buoyant and positively buoyant particles.
- Capable of measuring high concentration samples (to 109 particles/mL) and high viscosity samples (to 100cP).
- Fast, NIST-traceable calibration.
- Highly reproducible results.
- Intuitive and flexible ParticleLab software.
- Particle number.
- Particle size.
- Particle buoyant mass.
- Particle dry mass.
- Particle density.
- Particle surface area.
- Sample volume.
- Sample concentration (particles/mL).
- Sample density.
|Power Requirements||110 V|
Measurement type 1: Particle Size
Measurement Range: 50nm - 5µm.
Accuracy: Better than +/- 1% on NIST traceable latex standards.
Precision/Repeatability: Better than +/- 1% on NIST traceable latex standards.
Resolution: Better than +/- 20nm at 1µm, polystyrene beads in H2O.
Measurement type 2: Particle Buoyant Mass
Lower Limit of Detection: 350ag.
Accuracy: Better than +/- 3% on NIST traceable latex standards.
Precision/Repeatability: Better than +/- 3% on NIST-traceable latex standards.
Measurement type 3: Particle Counting/Sample Concentration
Measurement range: 104 particles/mL 109 particles/mL.
Accuracy: Better than +/- 10% on NIST traceable latex standards.
Precision/Repeatability: Better than +/- 5% on NIST traceable latex standards.
Measurement principle: Resonant Mass Measurement.
Drawn Sample Volume (minimum): 100µL.
Measured Sample Volume Range: 10nL - 10µL.
Sample Viscosity Range: <1cP -100cP
Accuracy in Fluid Density: <0.002g/cc for densities in range 0.8g/cc 1.2g/cc.
Patents granted: US 8087284 B2.
Light source: 685nm, 35mW laser.
Temperature: 18°C 25°C.
Humidity: 35% - 80% non-condensing.
Software:Minimum computer specification:
Intel Core i5 Processor, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD, CD-ROM or DVD +/-RW drive, Wide Screen Monitor. At least 4 high speed USB ports required.*
Operating platforms: Windows 7 Professional.