The Hach DR 5000 UV-Vis Laboratory Spectrophotometer offers a broad range of water analysis methods with more than 240...
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Recent Questions & Answers
Features of DR 5000
The DR 5000 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer offers broad spectrophotometric capabilities over the full UV-Vis spectrum:
- High Speed Wavelength Scanning
- Touch Screen Display with intuitive user interface
- Universal sample cell holder holds 5 common cell types
- USB ports for easy program updates and printer/accessory connections
- Large sample cell compartment
- Automatic Test Recognition (when used with TNTplus barcoded vial tests)
More than 240 Analytical Methods and Chemistries
The Hach DR 5000 UV-Vis Laboratory Spectrophotometer can test for all of the parameters listed on page 3. All of the chemistries and supplies needed for these tests are available from Hach.
Easily Add New Analytical Methods
As Hach releases new test methods and chemistries, the DR 5000 spectrophotometer can easily be updated via a USB memory stick.
Stability and Accuracy
The design of the DR 5000 spectrophotometer ensures measurements are accurate, precise, and stable over time, resulting in repeatable results.
Multiple Cell Sizes and Delivery Methods
A single multi-cell adapter for the DR 5000 spectrophotometer holds the five most common sample cell types, including 5 cm path length cells. Moreover, the optional Pour-Thru™ Cell Module is ideal for Rapid Liquid™ methods.
Large Touch Screen Display and Interface
The touch screen display of the DR 5000 spectrophotometer is intuitive to use and ergonomic in design.
High-Speed Wavelength Scanning
The DR 5000 spectrophotometer features full-range wavelength scanning from 190-1100 nm. Use this feature to develop custom methods or maintain consistency of colored products.
TNTplus™ Reagent Vials Designed for the DR 5000 Spectrophotometer
Hach has developed TNTplus™ reagent vials for more than 30 selected analytical methods that provide the following features when used with the DR 5000 spectrophotometer:
- Increased productivity and confidence in results—testing with TNTplus reagents takes less time, and potential errors are reduced.
- Automatic method detection—the DR 5000 spectrophotometer automatically reads the bar code, identifies the appropriate method, and takes the measurement.
- No reagent blank is necessary.
- Built-in accuracy—while rotating the vial, DR 5000 spectrophotometer takes 10 absorbance measurements in less than 5 seconds. The average value is used to calculate the results.
|Power Requirements||100 - 120 V~; 200 - 240 V~; 50/60 Hz; automatic changeover|
|Photometric Range||± 3.0 A in the wavelength range 200 - 900 nm|
|Wavelength Range||190 to 1100 nm|
|Scanning Speed||One complete scan per minute in 1 nm steps|
|Light Source||Tungsten (visible) and Deuterium (UV)|
|Stray Light||KJ-solution at 220 nm; > 3.3 Abs|
Operating Mode: Transmittance (%), Absorbance and Concentration
Wavelength Accuracy: ± 1 nm
Wavelength Resolution: 0.1 nm
Wavelength Calibration: Automatic
Wavelength Selection: Automatic, based on method selection
Photometric Accuracy: 5 mA at 0.0 - 0.5 A; 1% at 0.50 - 2.0 A
Photometric Linearity: 2 A
Storage Requirements: -25 - 60 °C (-13 - 140 °F) max. 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)