The easy-Photochem is a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use, system that aims to bring photochemistry to every synthetic c...
The easy-Photochem is a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use, system that aims to bring photochemistry to every synthetic chemistry lab.
Photochemistry is a powerful yet under-utilized synthetic technique. Recently there has been a resurgence in interest in photochemistry due to its ability to provide novel structures and alternative, greener synthetic routes.
In developing the easy-Photochem, Vapourtec's aim is to bring photochemistry out of the hands of dedicated expert users and make the technique easily and safely available for synthetic chemists.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Need Equipment Support?
Features of easy-Photochem
Continuous flow photochemistry
Traditional batch photochemistry techniques have proven limitations, flow photochemistry provides improved control and safety profiles:
- Reaction products leave the reactor after exposure to the UV source
- Reactive intermediates generated by UV exposure can be immediately fed into a second reaction step
- UV exposure times are precisely controlled and consistent
- UV penetration depth is not an issue as the thickness of the fluid being irradiated is less than 1.5 mm
- The photochemical reaction can be scaled simply by running the process for longer
- The maximum volume of the reactor is only 10 ml, the hazard of maintaining a large volume of solvent in close proximity to a high-temperature lamp is significantly reduced
Fully enclosed and safe
The light source within the easy-Photochen is totally enclosed, allowing for safe operation in a standard laboratory fume cupboard.
The power supply is interlocked to ensure power is safely disconnected under any conditions out of the designed parameters.
The compact size means that the easy-Photochem occupies the minimum of fume cabinet space. The system can be easily moved from one location to another.
A range of band-pass filters is available to ensure your reactants are only exposed to the desired wavelengths. Filters are quickly and easily changed.
The reactor temperature can be set between -5°C and 80°C with a 1°C resolution. Cooling is provided by the Vapourtec cooling module.
Selectable, Intense UV Light Source
At the heart of the easy-Photochem is a compact, high-intensity medium pressure metal halide lamp or high power LED source. The shrouded lamp, made specifically for Vapourtec is designed for dimmable operation without compromise.
- Controlled lamp power from 75W – 150W
- Lamp power continuously monitored and logged.
- High power LED sources having precise output, available in 365nm, 395nm 405nm, 420nm, 450nm, 480nm and 500 nm.
There are no General Specifications available.