Thermo Scientific - Orbitrap Fusion™ Tribrid™ Mass Spectrometer
Meet your most challenging biological research objectives using the Thermo Scientific™ Orbitrap Fusion™...
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Need Equipment Support?
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of Orbitrap Fusion™ Tribrid™ Mass Spectrometer
The Orbitrap Fusion Tribrid Mass Spectrometer enables scientists analyzing the most challenging low-abundance, high-complexity samples to identify more compounds faster, quantify more accurately and elucidate structures more thoroughly.
- Ultrahigh resolution up to 450,000 FWHM removes interferences
- Precursor selection using a quadrupole mass filter allows the ion trap and Orbitrap mass analyzers to operate in parallel for excellent sensitivity and selectivity
- Multiple dissociation techniques—CID, HCD, and optional ETD—with ion trap or Orbitrap detection at any level of MSn maximize flexibility for research applications
- Flexibility of fragmentation—CID-HCD, HCD-CID, and HCD-HCD—at any stage of MSn analysis with fragment ions detected by either mass analyzer enables detailed structure determination of metabolites, glycans and other small molecules
- Active beam guide with axial field reduces noise and increases robustness
- Novel Orbitrap analyzer design and dual-pressure ion trap configuration provide fast MS/MS scan rates up to 15 Hz with unmatched spectral quality
- Thermo Scientific™ Easy-Max NG™ and optional Thermo Scientific™ Ion Max NG™ and Nanospray Flex NG™ ion sources deliver next-generation performance
Unrivaled Proteomics Capabilities
- Wide dynamic range and ultrahigh mass resolution allow identification of more low-abundance proteins with confidence
- Ultrahigh mass resolution is ideal for analysis of monoclonal antibodies and other intact proteins
- Sub-1-ppm mass accuracy provided by the optional Thermo Scientific™ EASY-IC™ ion source with internal calibration adds confidence to protein quantification results
- Automated Synchronous Precursor Selection (SPS) for MS3 significantly increases the number of peptides and proteins identified and improves quantitative accuracy when using isobaric mass tags
- Simple, reliable Thermo Scientific™ EASY-ETD™ ion source (optional) complements CID and HCD data and enhances characterization of complex P™s
- Fast scanning yields more MSn data from a single run, enabling accurate structural characterization on a UHPLC timescale
- Dynamic Scan Management helps users get the maximum information from samples with ease, scheduling scan events most efficiently and intelligently matching each precursor with the optimum fragmentation mode and mass analyzer
- A library of templates with application-specific defaults for common experiments simplifies method development
- Compatibility with Thermo Scientific™ Compound Discoverer™, Mass Frontier™, Pinpoint™, Protein Deconvolution, Proteome Discoverer™, ProSightPC, and SIEVE™ software for increased productivity in specific applications
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
There are no General Specifications available.