Beckman Coulter - Airfuge Air-Driven Ultracentrifuge
With the ability to provide a simple, rapid method of removing chylomicrons (fat particles in lipemic samples), the...
The super-compact Airfuge Ultracentrifuge is a gigantic asset for your laboratory. It pellets nearly any material that can be sedimented in a full-size centrifuge or ultracentrifuge— right on your workbench and in a fraction of the time.
The Airfuge’s remarkably short run times result from the combination of high g-forces and short path lengths. And run time is shortened even further by rotor acceleration to full speed—110,000 rpm at 199,000 x g— as quickly as 30 seconds.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Features of Airfuge Air-Driven Ultracentrifuge
The easy-to-operate tabletop centrifuge:
- Reaches top speed in as little as 30 seconds.
- Decelerates smoothly to help keep sample contents separated.
- Operates just a few degrees above ambient temperatures.
- Offers run timed runs up to five hours, with hold position for long runs.
The Airfuge CLS offers enhanced versatility with a variety of rotors:
- Batch rotor pellets particles from a large sample.
- Electron microscopy particle-counting rotor (EM-90) sediments particulates from very small volumes onto supports suitable for insertion into an election microscope.
- Four fixed angle rotors (A-110; A-100/18; A-100/30; and A-95) generate the high speeds and forces necessary to perform a variety of tasks.
- Binding studies
- Clarification of lipemic samples
- Sample preparation for electron microscopy
- Soluble solid/total solids ratios for food processing quality assurance
|Centrifuge Type||High Speed|
|Maximum RCF||199000 xg|
|Maximum Speed||111000 rpm|
|Power Requirements||120 V, 60 Hz or 220 V, 50 Hz|
Drive system: Air turbine drive
Air pressure at ultracentrifuge for routine operation: 30 psig (210 kPa)
Acceleration time: 30-60 seconds
Deceleration time: 2.5-5.5 minutes
Speed control: Air-pressure regulation
Speed readout: By conversion of air pressure reading from instrument gauge. An optional Digital Speed Readout Accessory (347592) is available.
Braking system: Coasting, then frictional braking by engagement of brake pin.
Timer: 0-300 minutes in five minute increments, HOLD for longer runs.
Finish: Control panel: coated polycarbonate. Top surface: urethane paint. Other surfaces: general purpose paint.