Powerful high-speed Xenon source and patented delivery optics for the most accurate thermal diffusivity measurements up to 900°C.
The Discovery Xenon Flash DXF 900 platform features a patented High-Speed Xenon-pulse Delivery™ source (HSXD) and an anamorphic multi-faceted Light Pipe™. Together, these optics deliver a light pulse of unsurpassed power and uniform intensity to the specimen, while preventing sample holder over-flash. The TA Instruments High-energy Xenon design is capable of testing samples up to a diameter of 25.4 mm over a temperature range from ambient to 900°C. The use of large samples diminishes errors associated with inhomogeneity and permits representative measurements of poorly dispersed composites. The DXF platform is designed for research and development programs as well as production control.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Features of DXF 900
- Patented High-Speed Xenon Pulse-Delivery system provides 50% more energy than competitive designs for the highest degree of accuracy on widest range of samples regardless of thickness or thermal conductivity
- Patented Light Pipe™ for the most effective collection and collimation of light, and homogeneous delivery of radiation to the sample
- Real-time pulse mapping for superior thermal diffusivity of thin and highly conductive materials
- Wide variety of sample trays accommodates multiple sample sizes (up to 25.4 mm diameter), shapes, and special fixtures (liquids, powders, laminates, films, etc.) for maximum sample testing flexibility
- Autosampler with patented four-position alumina sample tray for maximum productivity
- Advanced resistance heated furnace design provides best-in-class temperature stability and uniformity across sample from RT to 900°C, and enables measurements in air, inert gas, or vacuum
- High sensitivity IR detector for optimum signal-to-noise ratio, delivering highest accuracy over the entire temperature range
- Designed to meet industry standard test methods including ASTM E1461, ASTM C714, ASTM E2585, ISO 13826, ISO 22007-Part4, ISO 18755, BS ENV 1159-2, DIN 30905, and DIN EM821
There are no General Specifications available.