Stratagene CastAway Gel Dryer Electrophoresis
The CastAway™ precast gels are convenient, prepoured polyacrylamide gels designed for multiple applications. CastAway gels are ideal for DNA sequencing, differential display, SSCP, DNA fingerprinting, DNA footprinting, RNase protection assays and many other applications. Precast gels eliminate the need to work with toxic acrylamide and since the CastAway gels are fixed to the glass plate, there is no need to transfer to filter paper. The CastAway sequencing system has been designed to cut electrophoresis and gel-drying times in half. The system includes a novel vertical sequencing device, high-speed gel dryer and a large assortment of accessories, all optimized to rapidly produce superior results.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Need Equipment Support?
Features of CastAway™ Precast Gel System
- Precast sequencing gels for multiple applications
- Complete system saves more than 4 hours
- Ready to load in less than 5 minutes
- Minimizes exposure to neurotoxic acrylamide
- Consistent, reproducible results
- Gels are fixed to the glass plate—no more filter paper or gel tearing
- Gel configurations: 6% denaturing polyacrylamide gels with or without preformed wells 6% nondenaturing polyacrylamide gels 4.5% denaturing polyacrylamide gels with or without preformed wells 5.5% denaturing Long Ranger™ gels** 12% denaturing popreformed wells
- Stratagene CastAway Gel Dryer includes a run and stop button. There are indicator lights to show that the fan is running and that the unit is heating. Also, a novel vertical sequencing device, high-speed gel dryer and a large assortment of accessories, all optimized to rapidly produce superior results.
|Gel Size||41.5 x 17.5 cm|
|Gel Thickness||0.25 mm|