A new kind of certainty in beverage production
Anton Paar’s patented* innovations offer you true values: on any beverage – at any time.
With the new Carbo 520 Optical inline sensor you always know the actual CO? concentration of all beverages in your process. In addition to process monitoring, the measuring interval of 4 seconds enables a reliable and stable closed-loop control of carbonators.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of Carbo 520 Optical
Save time– ready to measure right out of the box
Benefit from a single measurement method and start measuring immediately after installation without time-consuming adjustments. Due to a unique and patented* model for determining CO2 concentrations from measured values, the factory adjustment allows direct use of Carbo 520 Optical right out of the box.
Save money – low total costs of ownership (TCO)
Save on running costs: While conventional CO2 sensors can multiply their price over an entire service life due to recurring maintenance, Carbo 520 Optical is completely maintenance-free.
- Soldered optics without any seals to maintain
- No moving parts with wear
- Self-diagnosis according to NAMUR NE 107
Be flexible – product-independent measurement
Spend your time on production: Carbo 520 Optical measures any kind of beverage without requiring time-consuming product-specific adjustments. Unique and patented* compensation of extract or sugars provides product-independent operation. No matter whether carbonated soft drinks, beer, wine, or sparkling water, Carbo 520 Optical makes your product changes easier.
- Automatic extract compensation due to multichannel measurement
- Recipe-independent CO2 measurement
Always ready for operation – even right after CIP
Our patented* internal scavenging technology eliminates the risks of incorrect measurements due to residual CO2. This avoids drifts at any time, also after CIP procedures, where CO2 is released inside the sensor housing. Carbo 520 Optical is EHEDG-certified hygienic, which reduces the time and effort during the cleaning procedures stated above.
Be continuously connected to your production line
Carbo 520 Optical is part of our well-established Smart Sensor platform. This concept ensures connectivity to Anton Paar's lab systems via Davis 5 and in addition it offers a broad range of communications protocols:
- Digital and analog inputs and outputs
- Modbus TCP
Available in the following three configurations:
- Carbo 520 Optical Smart Sensor combined with an mPDS 5 evaluation unit
- Carbo 520 Optical Smart Sensor with Operating Terminal (OT) - measurement values are displayed directly on the instrument, no evaluation unit required
- Carbo 520 Optical Smart Sensor with a Remote Operating Terminal (ROT) - can be mounted at a distance of up to 250 meters from the sensor
There are no General Specifications available.