The automatic Tag closed-cup tester measures the flash point, the lowest temperature at which the vapors of a sample ignite upon the application of..
The automatic Tag closed-cup tester measures the flash point, the lowest temperature at which the vapors of a sample ignite upon the application of an ignition source.
The tester can also be used to detect the ability of a sample to yield flammable vapors when maintained at an equilibrium temperature by the flash/no flash method.
TAG 4 is suitable for flash point applications of jet fuels, solvents, chemicals, etc.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of TAG 4
Benefits at a Glance
- Two cooling systems with Peltier elements are available: an economical air-cooled model and a low-temperature version with external water cooling
- The two ignition systems in each unit give you the flexibility to work with an electric or gas igniter: if the gas ignition is used, the electric igniter will automatically relight the gas flame during the test, if necessary
- The patented One-Twist swivel-around multi-function head guarantees the safe and easy one-hand connection of all sensors and actuators such as the shutter release, igniter and detector contacts
- An extended measuring range up to 110 °C enables you to go beyond the conventional scope of the method
- Test initiation by pre-installed standard test methods and ability to customize methods by user-defined programs
- Outside flame sensors increase the system’s safety, especially for work with samples that have no conventional flash point but burn outside the test cup (e.g. due to flame-inhibiting components)
- Splashproof touch-key panel with large LCD
- A multi-detector combines the flash point detector and the temperature probe in a solid housing with a perfectly adjusted immersion depth
Customized User Flexibility
- PC-software FPPNet (optional) for convenient remote handling and test data storage
- Insulation hood (optional) to protect the cover and shutter assembly from icing during low-temperature flash point tests
- Draft deflector (optional) recommended for gas ignition tests
- Calibration set (optional)
- Small-volume sample cup (optional)
|Power Requirements||115 V/230 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz, 180 W (air-cooled) 230 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz or 115 V, 60 Hz, 150 W (liquid-cooled)|
Application range(°C/°F selectable)
10 °C to 110 °C (air-cooled)
-30 °C to 110 °C (liquid-cooled)
Gas and electric (interchangeable)
According to method or user-defined
Cooling of Peltier elements
Air-cooled (by built-in fan)
Liquid-cooled (with tap water or circulation cooler)
Barometric pressure correction
Overheat protection, automatic shut-off
50 mbar of propane or butane