Follow this Equipment
Anton Paar - Nano Tribometer (NTR3)
Manufactured by Anton Paar
The Nano Tribometer (NTR3) is a unique instrument for characterizing the tribological properties of a wide range of...
The Nano Tribometer (NTR3) is a unique instrument for characterizing the tribological properties of a wide range of surfaces at low contact pressures. The system provides accurate and extremely linear measurement of both normal and tangential forces employing an elastic unique quad beam cantilever combined with high-resolution capacitive sensors. The Nano Tribometer combines the resolution of an Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) with the stability, robustness and ease-of-use of a pin-on-disk tribometer. Extending the applications of a pin-on-disk system, NTR3 is capable of forces in the range of a few µN and displacements in the range of hundreds of microns. All in all, NTR opens up new dimensions of nano- and micro-tribology.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Recent Questions & Answers
Rheometers Service ProvidersView All (5)
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of Nano Tribometer (NTR3)
- Unique quad beam cantilever with normal load applied up to 1000 mN (resolution 3 nN)
- 2 independent high-resolution capacitive sensors for normal load and friction force
- Rotating and/or linear reciprocating motion
- High-resolution capacitive sensors combined with Piezo actuator
- Low noise floor for micro-tribological measurements
- Rotative module with angular sensor
- Advanced linear module with displacement sensor
- Wide range of cantilevers available
- Adhesion measurements
- Optical video microscope or AFM
- X and Y motorized stage
- Temperature and relative
- Humidity sensor
- Continuous wear depth measurement
- Dedicated sample holders
- Tribology behavior of contact lenses
- Nanotribological properties of thin, flexible diamond-like carbon films on ACM rubber
- Investigation of lubrication regimes using ultra-low contact pressures
There are no General Specifications available.