Express Microwave Ashing System
QAsh achieves fast ashing times by combining in-situ air flow with a microwave. It has a large floor area to accommodate a large quantity of samples and is suitable for polymers, oils, food, pulp, sludge, and many other sample types.
Microwaves coupled with SiC are known to produce high temperatures at a much faster rate compared to old electrical heating furnaces. QAsh has a software controlled air inlet inside the ashing chamber which fuels the ashing process. The introduction of air at the source pushes ashing by-products out. An alumina fiber ashing chamber helps retain heat. This provides an efficient ashing process. Vertically placed SiC plates, in conjunction with ceramic insulation, create uniform temperatures across the ashing chamber. The R type thermocouple is encapsulated in a chemical resistant material. It measures temperatures accurately over the working range of 25°C to 1,200°C.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Features of QAsh 1800
- Reduction in ashing times by up to 90%
- Produces consistent ashing
- Provides safe work environment
- Saves lab space with small foot print
- Documentation of ashing processes
- Choice for crucible material
- 9 – 50 mL crucibles in one batch
- Attains 1,000°C in 25 minutes
- 1800 watts of microwave energy
- Temperature homogeneity; 1,000°C to 1,200°C
- Multistep heating of samples
- Convenient LED Bar temperature display
- Optional UPS in case of power failure
There are no General Specifications available.