7900HT Fast Real-Time PCR System
With powerful, researcher-friendly software, a 384-well TaqMan® Low Density Array, and our convenient assay products, it’s easy for labs of all sizes to realize the full potential of this powerful research tool.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Recent Questions & Answers
Features of 7900HT
- Fast PCR option reduces run time to about 35 minutes in a standard 96-well format, or about 55 minutes in a 384-well plate.
- Continuous wavelength detection from 500-660 nm allows the use of multiple fluorophores in a single reaction.
- Measure gene expression levels, detect and quantitate pathogens, perform allelic discrimination (SNP genotyping) assays as well as score the presence of gene sequences.
- 96- or 384-well plate compatibility (including the TaqMan® Low Density Array).
- Optional Enterprise edition software provides data analysis tools that support 21 CFR Part 11 guidelines providing data integrity and security.
- Hands-free plate-loading and unloading provides true walkaway automation allowing you to increase your lab's productivity.
- Proven assay development guidelines save time and money
High Throughput The 7900HT System is a high-throughput real-time PCR system that detects and quantitates nucleic acid sequences. An Automation Accessory combined with 384-well plate capability make the 7900HT system ideally suited to meet the high-throughput requirements of today's drug discovery process. Key applications include gene expression quantitation and the detection of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) using the fluorogenic 5' nuclease assay.
Flexibility The 7900HT system is a versatile research tool that can accommodate any real-time PCR need. User-interchangeable thermal cycling block formats let you select the format that¿s right for your project, using industry-standard 96- and 384-well formats, as well as a novel 384-well TaqMan® Low Density Array and a new Fast 96-well block that reduces run times from 2 hours to about 30 minutes. An easy automation upgrade path lets you add features to meet throughput demands. A Fast PCR option reduces run times from 2 hours to about 30 minutes.
Powerful Software Using two automation software tools, Plate Utility and Automation Controller, most of the gene expression and SNP genotyping workflow is fully automated for high-throughput applications and requires minimal user intervention. You can now process 5,000 x 384 well plates (384 markers), which equates to 1.92 million genotypes. Using Relative Quantification (RQ) Manager, you can also process 200 x 384-well plates (96 detectors with quadruplicate data points/multiplexed endogenous control), which equates to 153,600 data points. Fully integrated into one complete Enterprise system, SNP Manager and RQ Manager eliminate data analysis bottlenecks in high-throughput SNP and gene expression research by allowing significantly more plates to be analyzed simultaneously. This reduces hands-on analysis time and simplifies the data analysis workflow.
Thermal Cycling System: Peltier-based system
- 96-well block (Standard)
- 96-well block (Fast)
- 384-well block
- Low Density Array block
- 96-well plates (Standard)
- 96-well plates (Fast)
- 384-well plates
- Low Density Arrays
- 96-well Standard: 25-100 µL
- 96-well Fast: 10-30 µL
- 384-well: 5-20 µL
Sample Ramp Rate:
- Fast Mode: Ave. +/- 3.0°C/sec
- Standard Mode: +/-1.6°C/sec
- 9600 Emulation Mode: +0.8 and -1.6°C/sec
Peak Block Ramp Rate:
- 96-well (Fast): 4.8°C/sec
- 96-well (Standard), 384-well, Low Density Array:
Temperature Range: 4°C-100°C
Temperature Accuracy: +/-0.25°C (35°C to 95°C) of setpoint/display temperature, measured at 3 minutes after clock start.
Temperature Uniformity: +/-0.50°C, 30 seconds after clock start.
Instrument Physical Specifications
Width: With Automation Accessory: 125 cm (49 in), without: 72 cm (28 in)
Height: With Automation Accessory: 64 cm (25 in), without: 64 cm (25 in)
Depth: With Automation Accessory: 84 cm (33 in), without: 84 cm (33 in)
Weight: With Automation Accessory: 114 kg (250 lbs), without: 82 kg (180 lbs)