High Resolution Particle Size Analysis
Brookhaven Instruments is renowned for light scattering instruments dedicated to sub-micron particle sizing and polymer characterization. Having identified the need to produce high resolution in the 1 micron size range, Brookhaven has produced an instrument with resolution unmatched by any other technique in this range. Sedimention is intrinsically a fractionation technique and the BI-DCP provides a means to separate the components of mixtures and also characterize a wide variety of distributions.
No other type of instrument can resolve several peaks in the difficult range around 1 micron.
The DCP incorporates a custom electronic drive system with high efficiency while operating quietly on your bench top. An integral strobe light is synchronized to the drive circuit for checking hydrodynamic stability of the sample. A sensor is used to monitor temperature in the disk. The BI-DCP offers the largest range of speeds, 500 to 15,000 rpm, which allows an even greater range of particle size measurements. A scanning detector head reduces measurement time.
Benefits of Use
An instrument is an investment in the present as well as in the future. The BI-DCP is truly cost-effective because it enables users to:
- Resolve complex particle size distributions to improve rheological and structural properties.
- Monitor incoming raw materials to reduce rework.
- Fingerprint finished products to minimize lot-to-lot variations.
- Increase cost effectiveness by reducing process and scale-up time.
- Optimize material properties to enhance product performance.
- Study particle size fundamentals to develop new products and processes.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of BI-DCP
- Resolves particle sizes in complex mixtures
- Simple, rapid operation, stable
- No calibration necessary, exact derivations
- Suitable for a wide range of sizes and densities
- Variety of operating modes
- External and internal gradient
- LINE or HOST start methods
- Successive sample injections allowed
- Stationary or scanning detector
- variable rotation speed
- Quantitative determination of weight distributions
- Optimize experimental conditions in advance
- Customizable analysis and reports
- Continuous monitoring of temperature
Analysis: Size range of 0.01 to 30 µm max. 0.05 to 10 µm typical for low density particles, 0.01 to 2 µm for high density particles. Wide variety of materials dispersed in water and other solvents.
Data System: Windows computer with printer. Realtime graphics and data display, high resolution color (SVGA). Menu-driven data analysis and management system, with single copy license and software distribution copy.
Drive System: Microprocessor controlled digitally driven electronic motor. Digital readout for setting and monitoring speed. Speed continuously variable from 500 to 15,000 rpm. Speed accuracy and stability better than +0.01%. Temperature sensor and digital readout. Dual-purpose, integral strobe.
Disc Cavity: Polymethylmethacrylate with stainless steel hub. Dynamically balanced over range of rotational speeds. Spin-fluid volume from 10 to 40 mL.
Power requirements: 100/115 VAC, 220/240 VAC, 50/60 Hz,1000 W.
Certifications: CE Marked