Designed as a research quality instrument the J357 has the highest performance of any refractometer in the Rudolph range.
Operation: Operating the J357 is as simple as placing a sample on the artificial sapphire prism, closing the presser and reading the answer -- all in just a few seconds. There are no shadow lines to match and there is no eyepiece requiring any kind of operator determination or manual adjustment. When the "measure when stable mode" is selected, the J357 automatically waits until the sample has been heated or cooled to a predefined temperature before initiating a measurement.
Dual Electronic Temperature Control to 120C: Unlike other temperature controlled refractometers, the J357 has temperature D6control from both above and below the sample. The sample cover is controlled to the same temperature as the prism and, when lowered, is designed to provide a temperature controlled micro environment that provides unr+D18ivaled temperature stability, fast measurement time and minimal evaporation. With he Auto Measure option, the sample cover can also be used to initiate
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Features of J357
- Optional Sample Presser: The J357 is available with an optional Temperature Controlled Sample Presser that touches the sample. Compared with the standard temperature controlled cover, the optional presser reduces the empty volume of the measurement area thereby decreasing evaporation and at the same time helping to evenly spread semi solid materials over the measurement prism. This feature offers improved performance on many samples.
- Calibration: The J357 offers 1 point, 2 point or a full multi-point calibration. Calibration can be done at 20°C, 25°C or any user selectable temperature within the available range. Regardless of how many times the refractometer has been calibrated, it can always be restored to the initial factory calibration if required.
- Custom Scales: The J357 is available with 100 possible programmable scales. Custom scales can be set up in a few minutes. Simply enter 2, 6 or 10 data points of concentration and corresponding RI value, press Compute and the instrument creates a new custom scale.
- High Durability Sapphire Prism: The J series refractometer offers a sapphire prism for high mechanical and chemical durability. The sample well is acid resistant 316 stainless steel with a techtron sealing ring. There is no lamp to change, the LED light source is guaranteed for 1,000,000 measurements.
- Easy to Clean: No matter how good a refractometer is, accurate results will only be obtained if the instrument is clean. The Rudolph J Series offers a flat, easy to clean prism that makes this process simple even with sticky samples.
|Refractometer Type||Digital Benchtop|
|RI Range||1.26 to 1.7 nD|
|RI Accuracy||0.00001 nD|
|Power Requirements||100-240 volts, 50 Hz - 60 Hz|
|RI Resolution||0.00001 nD|
|Brix Range||0 to 95 %|
|Brix Accuracy||0.01 %|
|Resolution (%Brix)||0.01 %|
|Temperature Measurement Range||15 to 100 °C|
Measurement Scales: 100 User Programmable Scales
Reproducibility: ±0.00002 RI, ±0.0l5 BRIX
Optical Wavelength: 589.3nm
Prism: Artificial Sapphire
Light Source: Light Emitting Diode (est. life: >100,000 hrs.)
Response Time: User configurable -- generally less than 30 seconds
Communication Interface: Two RS232 ports
One parallel printer port