High Performance, Self-Contained, Rotational Viscometer
It has been replaced with the BLACK PEARL
MERLIN Viscometer is a high performance rotational viscometer capable of both steady shear and yield stress testing in a rugged, compact size footprint. Designed for performing both routine rheological tests like single point viscosity checks for QC, to complex rheological evaluation for R&D, the MERLIN Viscometer is ideal for investigating the mixing, stirring, and process flow characteristics of fluid systems.
The unit comes standard with build in Peltier Temperature Control for all measuring systems. Cone and plate, parallel plate and concentric cylinder measuring systems are included. The measuring systems employ novel “quick capture” mounting technology. The gapping mechanism is highly accurate and user adjustable.
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
Recent Questions & Answers
Need Equipment Support?
Documents & Manuals
There are no Documents or Manuals available.
Features of MERLIN Viscometer
MERLIN is interfaced and controlled with powerful Windows based software. Key features include:
- Real time display of test values
- Automated program control using “Test Definition” windows to rapidly create multiple step experiments
- Provides instantaneous viscosity flow curves
- Interactive graphing allows full control over displayed, printed, and plotted variables
- User enterable data sets and data comparison
- Simple data exportation through Windows Clipboard
- On-line, intuitive Help System
Dimensions: 180 X 520 X 340 mm
Angular Velocity: 0.01 to 200 rad/s
Shear Rate Range: Measuring System Dependent
Torque Range: 0.005 to 20 mNm
Shear Stress Range: Measuring System Dependent
Temperature Range: 5 to 85 C (optional -10* to 120 C)
User Selectable Shear Rates: 20,000 discrete steps
Measuring Systems: Cone & Plate, Parallel Plate, and Concentric Cylinders
*below 0 C requires liquid cooling