Follow this Equipment
Sterlitech Corporation - HP4750 Stirred Cell
Manufactured by Sterlitech Corporation
The Sterlitech HP4750 stirred cell is a high-pressure stirred cell that is both chemically resistant and features a low hold-up volume (1 ml).
This particular brand of stirred cell is able to perform a wide variety of membrane separations.
HP4750 Stirred Cell Product Benefits:
- Max operating pressure is 1000 psi
- Removable PTFE stir bar
- 316 stainless steel
Active Questions & AnswersAsk a Question
There are no current Discussions
Sample Preparation Service ProvidersView All (4)
Documents & ManualsView All Documents
Features of HP4750 Stirred Cell
- Safe Operation: Volatile solutions can be processed safely because the Sterlitech™ HP4750 operates on standard sources of compressed air or inert gases (nitrogen, argon, etc.). This provides the user with a variable, safe and consistent supply of pressure to effect membrane separations.
- High-Pressure Operation: Solutions with high levels of dissolved solids and high osmotic pressure can be separated with the Sterlitech™ HP4750. The cell is designed for safe operation to 1000 psig (69 bar).
- Removable Stir Bar: Concentration polarization at the membrane surface is minimized by a Teflon*-coated magnetic stir bar mechanism. The stir bar can be driven by any standard stirring plate.
- Accepts Standard Membrane Discs: Sterlitech™ HP4750 Stirred Cell accommodates any 47 to 50 mm diameter membrane disc.
- Chemically Resistant Materials of Construction: 316L stainless steel construction makes the Sterlitech™ HP4750 resistant to most chemical degradation. Buna-N gaskets and O-rings are provided as standard with other optional materials available to meet operating requirements.
- Unique Design: The cell top can easily be removed to fill the vessel with up to 300 mL of solution. The cell bottom is removable for quick membrane change-out. The top and bottom are secured to the vessel with mechanical couplings. This unique design enables low hold-up volume, down to as low as 1 mL, so valuable solutions are not wasted.
- Teflon is a registered trademark of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Inc.
There are no General Specifications available.
- Membrane Size: 1.93 inch diameter nominal (49 mm)
- Active Membrane Area: 2.26 inch2 (14.6 cm2)
- Processing Volume: Up to 300 mL
- Hold-Up Volume: 1 mL
- Maximum Pressure: 1000 psi (69 bar) with high-pressure clamps
- Maximum Temperature: 250°F (121°C) at 800 psi (55 bar)
- pH Range: Membrane dependent
- Connections: Permeate Outlet: 0.125 dia. 316L SS tubing; Pressure Inlet: ¼ inch FNPT
- Cell Body: 316L stainless steel
- O-Rings: Buna-N, others available as options
- Gasket: Buna-N, others available as options.
- Stir Bar: Teflon
- Cell Diameter: 2.0 inch (5.1 cm)
- Cell Height: 7.8 inch (19.9 cm)
- Cell Width with high-pressure couplings: 5.7 inch (14.6 cm)