Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

beckam coulter allegra 64 centrifuge

we have a beckam coulter allegra 64 centrifuge, but two days ago it failed, the shaft was rigid and we couldn´t move it, we open it and dissasembled it and found that the bearing of the motor was the problem, we changed it and assembled it again (everything the same way that it was back on), but at the time to make it work, it didnt reach the required revolutions to work, it only reaches 100 to 200 revolutions and it seems that it will no go any further than that.

any help that can provide me? anything would be useful, thanks for your help.

Asked by

Iscajume
Report this Post
Craig1

Does the motor (shaft) turn easily by hand? 

Check the magnet that is attached to the bottom of the motor. It should be secure. Also check the distance between the magnet and the hall effect assy. I'm not sure what the distance should be, just make sure it is close but not touching the maget. 

Report this Post
Van Tien

have you got a service manual of this machine ? please send for me .

i need that document very urgent .

Email of me: ngovantien719@yahoo.com

thanks very much.

Report this Post
Iscajume

yes it turns easily now that we changed the bearings.

the distance of the magnets are defined by a set of screws and a bar adjust the vertical of the motor, we too believe that the sensor isnt working properly, but we are adjusting at different distances, but we havent found yet the proper distance.

Report this Post
Iscajume

sorry we dont have the service manual, we found an operating manual but it doesnt help much, we just opened the centrifuge mainly because it didnt work and we havent option.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1