Discussion Category:  Flow Injection Analyzers

Composition TOTAL CARRIER/SCR

What is the chemical composition of the TOTAL CARRIER / SCR solution?

Asked by

JCARBAJAL
Report this Post
EZkemReply by
EZkem

Well there are several different ways to run Total Cyanide in this configuration. Some just use DI water for the Carrier and others use the same acid they are using for the TA1 reagent. I mostly see the Total Carrier as DI water though. The main reason for using acid in the carrier is if the samples are very basic and more acid is required to complete the acidification. There are several other configuration possibilities involving the possibilities of oxidizers int he samples, sulfide, etc. So you will see a variety of possible reagents but in general just using DI water will work fine for most applications.

What type of samples are you using?

Ken Earle,
EZkem
541-387-0343
www.EZkem.com  
Report this Post
JCARBAJAL

In our laboratory we work with oxidized samples. And reagent TOTAL CARRIER / SCR for FS3100 team and we sold out our provider we deliver the reagent within 30 days and we can not stop to analyze samples. At this time we are using Ultra Pure Water more 200ul of Brij-35 solution (21% solution) and the team is unstable. My question is what is the exact composition of the reagent TOTAL CARRIER / SCR so that it can be prepared in case of emergencies like this?

Report this Post
EZkemReply by
EZkem

We really need to talk!  Can you give me a call? Or give me your contact info and I can call you. This is a complicated issue that can be resolved much easier on the phone.

thanks, Look forward to talking with you and helping get your operation running perfectly.

Ken

Ken Earle,
EZkem
541-387-0343
www.EZkem.com  
Report this Post
JCARBAJAL

There is a problem, I do not speak very good English, and communication will be difficult.
But the suggestion you gave me about using DI water was excellent and is giving very good results.
Us now exhausted the membrane, as could make the purchase and to send me to Lima - Peru as soon as possible. In Peru, our provider takes 30 days to deliver the product.

The code of the membrane is:
- SKU: A001520 Membrane, 25 mm, Polypropylene for Gas Diffusion 10 Pack

Jesus Martin Carbajal, Chemical Engineer
Mobile number 51-964695267
Peru.

Report this Post
EZkemReply by
EZkem

Hola Mi Amigo

Entiendo - mi español es sólo medio, pero de verdad qiero hablar español con fluidez. Por ahora yo uso traductor Google y puede tener grandes conversaciones en español - Yo tambien aprendo de la traduccion y trato de hacer todo de mi cabeza como como sea posible.

Pero ahora tenemos que cambiar a mi correo electronico para que podamos hablar sobre su situacion con detaile en privado - por favor envieme un correo electronico a ken@ezkem.com y podemos hablar acerca de como conseguir que un mayor apoyo tecnico y de los productos que necesita de inmediato. Debo decirles que trabajamos con muchos laboratorios en America del Sur y Mexico.

Hasta pronto

Buenas noches

Ken Earle

skype = ken.earle

Ken Earle,
EZkem
541-387-0343
www.EZkem.com  
Report this Post
oxidos

hello there.

we have problem with the fs3100. because it doesn´t make bubble for  cn total.

well the bubble is good for just minuts. we used just water as a total carrier, do you thing maybe it is the problem.

please if you can help me  just writte me to my email address jrcardenas.jc@gmail.com. thanks very mch.

regards

john .

Report this Post
EZkemReply by
EZkem

Hello John

If you are having problems with the air segmentation then you probably have a flow issue somewhere that is causing a back pressure and thus not allowing the air to be injected into the stream.  Can you tell me the tubing TA1, TA2, Carrier and airline size you are using so I can make sure the tubing config is correct? Once I verify that then we can talk about other issues related to flow and  or the peristaltic pump.

Ken Earle

EZkem

541-387-0343

ken@ezkem.com

Ken Earle,
EZkem
541-387-0343
www.EZkem.com  
Report this Post
EZkemReply by
EZkem

By the wayn John - water is the correct reagent for the carrier.

Ken

Ken Earle,
EZkem
541-387-0343
www.EZkem.com  
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1