Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

X-12R not starting

We recently had a centrifuge mishap and threw a bucket. It was low speed ~200 rpm, but we managed to break something and it no longer works. 

When the centrifuge is turned on, it boots up and displayes the model:

Allegra X-12R

Beckman Coulter

It then displays:

V112 Program: b5eb

Memory: ffff

It then reboots and repeats the sequence. Through the entire process none of the buttons seem to work. The door will not open, it won't pulse, enter, run, show set or anything else.

Any ideas?

Asked by

mattofatto
Report this Post
dpkleessr

What you're seeing on the display is the Version of the firmware on the main system board followed by its checksum.  The memory ffff is something that I never saw in all of my years working on them but I am very suspicious of that part of the display.  The fact that you have no keypad functionality at all would seem to indicate a main board failure.  If that is the case then you will need service from someone because the board will have to be initialized once it is installed in your centrifuge.  It is NOT just a plug and play situation.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I believe that's where you are at with this centrifuge.

Don

Report this Post
medphysteo

It may not help, but I'm curious - turn it on and while it's doing its display thing, press ENTER 912 and see what happens (you may have to repeat the sequence). I had something similar a few months ago, but it would also show D7, L2, and P1 errors. The ENTER-912 sequence cleared some, and CE cleared the rest. It's been okay since.

Jeff

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Jeff, their problem is that none of the key pad buttons are functional when this is happening.  By design, the keypad is inoperative during the boot up sequence amd that's why they are pretty much screwed unless they can get it to complete the boot up process.

Report this Post
medphysteo

I happily stand corrected :)

Report this Post
mattofatto

Thanks for the help. I tried clearing the error with no luck, so we ordered a new board... still cheaper than a new centrifuge I suppose.

Report this Post
dpkleessr

Just remember, your new board needs to be initialized with your centrifuge and for that you need the service codes.  It is NOT just plug and play and if anyone tells you that it is they are lying to you.  You will probably get imbalance errors if you fail to get it set up properly.  You also didn't't say if youhave an an X12 or an X12 as the boards firmware is slightly different so I hope that you ordered the correct part.

Don

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1