Discussion Category:  UHPLC Pumps

Agilent 1290 quaternary pump

Does anybody have experience of the reliability of the Agilent 1290 infinity Quaternary pumps (non-seal wash option). I am having regular pump failures (on multiple instruments) suggesting the seals will need replacing every couple of months. The systems are running reverse phase H2O/ACN with either 0.1%formic acid or TFA. ~20 samples/day running at pressures <600bar. My Waters Acquity systems never gave these problems (though they did have seal wash). Any suggestions of help would be appreciated. 

Asked by

NMR guy
Report this Post
Teng

Hi,

I am using Agilent 1290 Binary pump. So far it is quite reliable and don't have any issue occur. We perform the PM yearly. May i know what is your failure / error message? Sometimes is because of your EMF limit setting. E.g: If you set your EMF limit is to change seal after 100 injections, then when the EMF counters exceed the EMF limits, the EMF flag will be displayed, providing a reminder that maintenance needs to be scheduled. Hope this info are helps :)

Report this Post
NMR guy

Hi Teng,

There is no error message.  Just a dark stain under the pumpheads (exhaust from the internal leak) followed by a squeaking noise (later in the degeneration) when the pump is operating.  Do you have seal wash on your pump?

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1