Discussion Category:  UV/VIS Spectrophotometers

Calibration needed

Hi All,

my Hitachi U-2001 needs a new battery and calibration.Since i do not have the manual i would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Dim

Asked by

Dim
Report this Post
chromatology

I do have the battery in stock, I will send you the instructions at the same time. Send me a private mail at richard7777@videotron.ca and we will organize your small repair.

Report this Post
fdutra

Found the batteries at Batteries plus. The entire sled carrying the CRT, printer, etc plus keypad (a little tricky unplugging) have to be removed. The calibration codes are written in ink/pencil on the inside of the cover and need to be entered in the service menu.. The light shielding around the cell chamber may need replacing if it is the original,,, hopefully chromatology has them if you need them. I used weather stripping and validated with holmium glass. Much better to have factory rep validate and reset codes if you need to use the machine for anything but personal use.

Report this Post
Dim

Quote fdutra

Found the batteries at Batteries plus. The entire sled carrying the CRT, printer, etc plus keypad (a little tricky unplugging) have to be removed. The calibration codes are written in ink/pencil on the inside of the cover and need to be entered in the service menu.. The light shielding around the cell chamber may need replacing if it is the original,,, hopefully chromatology has them if you need them. I used weather stripping and validated with holmium glass. Much better to have factory rep validate and reset codes if you need to use the machine for anything but personal use.

Thank you fdutra, is there a hint you want to share about removing the cover? I have unscrewed the two cross headed screws, raised the monitor, and tried to slide the cover out, without success.

Report this Post
fdutra

Replaced battery a while ago and don't have daily access to the machine,,, that being said, if your talking about the main shroud that covers the entire unit, there are more than 2 screws. Check the bottom and back, Expect some resistance,,, you may have to spread the base of the cover. A well built machine without any proprietary "tricks" in construction.

Report this Post
erui

Hi my friend. I have manual of Hitachi U-2000 and U-2001. Archive PDF

Report this Post
sergiof

Hi Dim,

Just saw your post here and we´re facing the same problem with our Hitachi 2001, it´s showing the message "low battery" and we need to replace it. Wonder if you coul send me the specification of this battery, since there isn´t this information on the manual and we haven´t found it anywhere.

Thank you very much for any help you can give us.

KR

Sergio

Report this Post
Dim

Hi Sergio,

it has been a while since i last changed the battery and i do not remember the type. If you take off the top cover and the keyboard, (as fdutra says above) you will see the battery (behind the keyboard on the main board). Once you replace it, from the main menu go to calibration and select wl calibration. Press 99 and then put in the numbers for spam and zero (written on the sticker at the back of the instrument). 

Good luck,

D

Report this Post
Daniel C.

Hello everyone,

I am trying to perform a wavelength calibration on a U-2001 device. It keps giving WL calibration error at 630 nm. Any ideas what could be the origin of the problem? Just replaced a burned out D2 lamp with a used one, but the device gives OK for both lamps on the main screen when you turn it on. 

Daniel

Report this Post
chromatology

You need to replace the battery which is backing the necessary parameter to have a functional instrument.

I can provide it.

Regards

Richard

Report this Post
sergiof

Hello Daniel,

It may be happening due to a fail in the mechanic apparatus which adjusts the wavelength selected by the user. Try to do a wide scan wich comprises the 631 nm within and check if the same happens. It doesn´t seem to me it´s a problem in the battery. Our U-2001 here had a problem in this battery an it just got stucked in the first screen, during the initial calibration, displaying the message "Low battery". Unfortunatelly if yours does have a mechanic fail you might need to call Hitachi´s technical service.

Good luck.

Sergio

Report this Post

Page 1 of 2