Discussion Category:  UV/VIS Spectrophotometers

Software Problem

Hi, I am using Cecil spectophotometer 7000 series. My software is not fully finctional. i have checked the serial port and cable they are fine but when i connect with the device the software only on/off the led(buttons) on the instrument but no drop down options or ghaphs apear in the software. e.g when i press the QUANT key from software the led turns on and the options appear on the instrument display but no option appears in the software similarly when I scan the graps are only shown in the instrument display not in the software. I have checked the DS and KC options they appear in the list . Also I have reinstalled the software but no use. Kindly guide me that what shuld I do to make my software fully functional as I need soft copies of the graphs etc for my reports. Thankyou.

Ayesha.

Asked by

ayesha
Report this Post
Najam

Dear Madam

You can check with serial port RS232 configuration, as it communicates with main spectrophotometer (serial Data) via I/O ports of the PC (Usually Com1, Com2 or Com 4) if there is no compatibility between settings { Baud rate, Data Bits, Parity and Control } then it will not transfer any controlled data to your PC

The Screen of CE7200 is stand-alon display controlled by mother board slot of CE7200 and you can take direct print of screen via parallel printer port DB25 at the back of the instrument

We can send you installation Manual CE7200 (to NIBGE Lab)

Best Regards

S Najmul Haq

SERVICE Q-TECH

PAKISTAN

Report this Post
Najam

Dear Madam

Further to my observation, please contact following person, the best professional team member of Cecil Instruments They really help without delay and obligation

Email: ade.kujore@cecilinstruments.com

Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 420821 Fax.:- +44 (0) 1223 420475

Web site: www.cecilinstruments.com

Report this Post
Cecil InstrumentsReply by
Cecil Instruments

Dear Ayesha,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Please may I check that the software you are alluding to is the Cecil DataStream software.

If so, please may I also check that your PC has the following minimum specifications and that the RS 232 cable is the special Cecil supplied cable.

?Personal Computer with Pentium class processor.

?Pentium 200 MHz or better.

?Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, 2000, NT, XP, 7, 8.

?Free hard-drive space required: 2 MB.

?CD-ROM drive.

?XGA or higher resolution monitor.

?Monitor resolution 1024 x 768 or better.

?Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.

?One serial port or serial to USB adapter (for spectrophotometers with a serial port), or one USB port).

If the above are true, then please may I also check that the spectrophotometer itself is enabled for use with DataStream software.

If DataStream is enabled, please ensure that DataStream output is selected on the spectrophotometer:-

Press the QUANT key, use the UP and DOWN arrow keys to highlight ‘Configuration’ and press the ENTER key.  Scroll to highlight 'DataStream', press the ENTER key.  Use the prompts to ensure that DataStream output is selected.

On the top left hand side of the PC screen, click the 'global' tab.  Scroll to 'default properties'.  Click the 'communications ' tab of the 'default properties' menu.

Select the 'Direct' communications check box.  Choose the appropriate 'Comm port'.  Select 'use status notifications' check box.  Then move to the 'instrument' tab of the 'default properties' menu.  Select the required spectrophotometer in the Select Instrument scroll bar.  Click the 'OK' button.

Ensure that the communications port is open by clicking the 'global' tab, then scrolling to 'open port'.

The spectrophotometer should now be ready to communicate with the PC via DataStream.

I have a detailed document which I can send to you, please send me your full contact details.

Kind regards,

Ade Kujore

Email: ade.kujore@cecilinstruments.com

Telephone: +44 (0) 1223 420821 Fax.:- +44 (0) 1223 420475

Web site: www.cecilinstruments.com

Registered Office: Unex House, Bourges Boulevard, Peterborough PE1 1NG, United Kingdom Registered Number 909536  
Report this Post
ayesha

Hi, Thankyou very much to both of you for your prompt and detailed responce.

@ Mr.Najam I have chked for the serial port settings and its set to same values on both ends. that is why I am having the keyboard control. Thankyou again

@ Mr. Ade Kujore I have send you an email on your above mentioned address with some further deatil. Please if possible do send me the detailed manual.

Regards

Ayesha.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1