Discussion Category:  Stereo Microscopes

Centering a rotating stage

I've got several original Labophot scopes with rotating stages. I've had to replace both the stage focus gears and the condenser focus gear. I had to remove the stage to do this. Now, I can't get it to rotate on center. There's just not enough play in the single adjustable screw to let me do that. Does anyone have any experience with Nikon's rotating stages? There are two other pins with heads like the objective centering screws, but these do nothing. I'd appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.

Mulder

Asked by

Mulder
Report this Post
JAC47

Perhaps the other two pins are spring loaded but cannot move due to dried out grease. Try to loosen them up with a spray of WD-40, wait 10 min. and attempt to move stage against pins.

Report this Post
MulderReply by
Mulder

Didn't do it.  I think I might just have to carefully remove them with pliers and put new pins in.  

Report this Post
Duluth6

Move the round dovetail that the stage is mounted. Also make sure you don't have a pol objective or pol nosepiece adding to your troubles.

Report this Post
MulderReply by
Mulder

Quote Duluth6

Move the round dovetail that the stage is mounted. Also make sure you don't have a pol objective or pol nosepiece adding to your troubles.

That did it.  I didn't have the dovetail properly aligned to the body of the scope.  Once I did that, centering the objectives worked perfectly.  Thanks for hte help!

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1