Discussion Category:  GC-Ion Trap

Instrument initialization

We have a Saturn 2000 which has seen many years of good service. The PC recently had motherboard problems and fortunately we found a suitable replacement. Now, on activation of the saturn program, the software appears to download OK (no error messages), the instument setup and calibration can be performed normally and it passes all the diagnostic checks. However, when trying to do an analysis, the GC method downlaods OK, but the MS software method download stops and a red window appears saying "Instrument Initialization Failed" and suggests trying Ctrl-R to reset. Tried this but the same error occurs. Any suggestions what might be wrong?

Asked by

Barry Steele
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

It is likely you failed to install the gpib drivers or you installed the wrong gpib drivers.

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
Barry Steele

Thanks Dan. Sorry for the delay in replying but I had trouble locating the right drivers. In the end I managed to get everything working. The Saturn 2000 is a really tough machine but the need for an old PC interface is a weak point so I'm keeping fingers crossed that this one will last a while.

Thanks once again. Barry.

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1