Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

5810R service manual

I downloaded the service manual for the 5804/5810 centrifuge from this site. Unfortuantely the quality is not so good so I cannot read most of the text on the diagrams (section 8). Also the pictures that are in this manual look rather different from my machine. Mine is a 5810R and I realize that some pictures are of the R model and some are not, but even the ones of the R model don't look like mine. In particular is the breaking resistor.

If you're wondering, I am having an error 6 problem. Can anyone help me out with some better documentation?

Asked by

jjj
Report this Post
jjj

Good news and bad news.

The good news is that I found good quality schmatics for the 5810/5804. I will upload them to this site if someone tells me how to do it. Perhaps the admin can add them to the file they already have.

The bad news is that there are newer and older versions of these machines. "Refresher" is the newer version and "Non-Refresher' is the older version. I have the older version and Eppendorf no longer has a service manual for the non-refresher.

A bit of good news, I found a schematic for the older non-refresher version. I will also upload this one as soon as I find out how to do that.

So, does anyone have a Non-refresher Service Manual?

Report this Post
medphysteo

What's your email address?

Report this Post
jjj

jamesderrick@yahoo.com

I have since traced the problem to the frequency converter card. Now the problem is that I can't take this card apart. It has a metal base on it that I need to take off to access the bottom of the circuit card. Anyone know how to do this?

Report this Post
medphysteo

James,

I just noticed the pre-2006 58xx schematics show the motor driver is an ST Micro L298N 15-pin dual full bridge IC.

Report this Post
Cummins

Hi jjj & medohysteo,
I was wondering if you ened up uploading the detailed schematics? I'm doing a board repair and they would be of great help.

Many thanks,

Dan.

daniel.cummins@anu.edu.au

Quote jjj

Good news and bad news.

The good news is that I found good quality schmatics for the 5810/5804. I will upload them to this site if someone tells me how to do it. Perhaps the admin can add them to the file they already have.

The bad news is that there are newer and older versions of these machines. "Refresher" is the newer version and "Non-Refresher' is the older version. I have the older version and Eppendorf no longer has a service manual for the non-refresher.

A bit of good news, I found a schematic for the older non-refresher version. I will also upload this one as soon as I find out how to do that.

So, does anyone have a Non-refresher Service Manual?

Report this Post
Cummins

Thanks medphysteo,

I was hoping there would be a manual with some actual PCB circuit diagrams so I could do a board level repair on the power supply...but it doesn't look like they are available sadly.

Report this Post
medphysteo

No, Eppendorf never published that level of detail, even for their tech staff. You might get some steers from some of the other Eppendorf model forums on this site or medwrench, though. Some of the guys have hacked in pretty well and come up with good fixes.

Report this Post
sfantos
Hi jjj & medohysteo, I was wondering if you are using the detailed schema? I'm doing a board repair and they would be of great help.   Thank you so much,

Sidnei

sidneisantos_22@hotmail.com

Report this Post
sfantos
Oi amigo você tem o manual do 5810r poderia me enviar obrigado. Sydney   sidneisantos_22@hotmail.com
Report this Post
Grant Wise

Still have 5810 R Service Manual?

Report this Post

Page 1 of 6