Discussion Category:  UV/VIS Spectrophotometers

Yet another mouse issue

We recently acquired a used DU-640, and I've been tasked with getting it functional.  It boots up and passes all its initial diagnostics, and at that point, the mouse pointer is in the top left corner of the screen.  I'm able to move the pointer all around the screen with the keyboard keys, but I can't click on the option to get beyond the results screen.  Is there a unique keyboard shortcut that can replicate clicking the mouse?  Neither of the enter keys, the function keys, or control/alt keys seemed to do anything.

I've been reading through the threads and I'm confident in my ability to modify the mouse's serial port with the jumper between pins.  What I'm wondering is if there is a way to tell if I have a motherboard revision that includes the fix.  Thanks.

Mulder

Asked by

Mulder
Report this Post
dpkleessr

I really can't say that you will have any more success with the Pentium III processor PC as it was able to do multi threading which is what the problem was all about as to how the WinConnect software was created and whether or not it ran OK. Literally the only time i had no customer issues with the WinConnect software was when it was run on a straight old Pentium processor PC. The problem is processor related and not so much as to what version of Windows you were running. Beyond this I really have no other info to offer as to how to get it to work and there are also NO individuals at BCI that will be able to help you with this program because of the discontinuance of support for the software and the product line at least 7 years ago.

Don

Report this Post
Katie Claire

The problem is processor-related and not so much as to what version of Windows you were running. Beyond this, I really have no other info to offer as to how to get it to work and there are also NO individuals at BCI that will be able to help you with this program because of the discontinuance of support for the software and the product line at least 7 years ago.

Meridian-Tech

Report this Post
burhanbadar5_6535
Good luck and post if you have any luck. I found a few on Amazon but didn't buy one yet.
Bur  
Report this Post

Page 5 of 5