Discussion Category:  GC Components

front injector reset

There is an interruption in the ±18 V from the controller. Obtain Agilent service.

that is the error in the logbook. is there anything i can do myself to fix it. The injection are aborting after every sample. there are no flashing lights on the tower. any suggestion will help. thanks

Asked by

StephB
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

Steph,

This is the 7673 tower with an external controller correct? You are likely having an issue with the power supply coming from the controller (the external box). The power supply in the conotroller is likely at fault.

Dan 

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
StephB

Hey Dan,

Yes. this is an 7673 tower with the external box..  but I'm running a 5890Series II GC-ecd.   I just installed this "new" box today because I've been having issues with aborted injections for a few weeks now.  However, today is the first time that a useful error message was logged ie. "front injector error"

This is the forth tower I've used, and the second controller- do you think it perhaps the power cord itself may be faulting? Could that also cause this error? 

Thank you so very much for the info

Steph

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

Steph,

Have all of the aborted injections ended in the same manner or are you having different errors with the different towers/controllers?

The power cord could be at fault if it was abraded or worn but would likely cause a fuse to blow rather than an interuption in one of the power supply voltages.  You might be able to get one tower and controller running with the equipment you have.  What made you switch out the controller to the "new" one?

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post
StephB

I was having the same error on all four towers.  There would be no flashing lights on the towers.  and the error message in Chemstation would only say injection aborted.  most times the system would grab and inject the sample then return the sample to the tray but no data (or useful data) would be created.  Then injection aborted wouldappear on the screen. 

This would happen at any time of the day: whether I'm sitting at the desk or most commonly after i've left the building.  So, i've switched towers, changed syringes, wiped the metal parts of the tower, ... the only thing untouched was the controller box.  But the error persists. 

Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

Steph,

I would go back to the other controller box that did not give the 18v power supply error and set up the tower in the best condition to try again.  Try to determine when it errors out the point at which it aborts or causes the error.

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1