Discussion Category:  Centrifugal

Error 2

When a spin is started, the motor doesn't move at all and the display says "Error 2".  The spindle and rotor spin freely and the fuses are good.  Anybody have any experience with this problem?

Asked by

rbwalter
Report this Post
medphysteo

I had something similar on an older Vacufuge 5301. It turned out to be the lid switch not making proper contact. With power on, open and close the lid slowly, watching the lid LED. It might be a bit slow to react so give it a few seconds. Also listen for a click. The pictures I'm seeing on the web don't look like they've gone to a magnetic switch, so it's probably still the mechanical microswitch.

On the older models, the lid switch was on the right side as you stand in front of it. You'll have to remove the lid hinge rod, the lid, and the top cover of the machine - you might have to disconnect a vacuum line, then lay the machine on its side and remove the screws holding the cover. Reassemble the lid and check for proper actuation of the switch. The newer Plus units may be different, so what I've said may not be gospel. Eppendorf tech support may help you better.

Jeff

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1