Discussion Category:  Centrifuge

"Lid" Error Message

Hey all,

I just got my machine running a few minutes ago after a minor circuit breaker repair. For some reason I keep getting the LID error after running the machine at 3200RPM for a couple minutes. The lid is well secured as far as I can tell. 

Any ideas what the reason might be for this message?

Asked by

mrwright
Report this Post

43 Replies

FootballHits98

Football news today football news Sports news online fresh daily, updated 24 hours, football schedule, football scores, sports news around the world General sports news Ball Analysis https://footballhits98.com/ When it comes to online sports news sites, there are of course many different websites for you visit footballhits98 and know more.

Report this Post
FootballHits98

H2'8-% H2'8-%'15I H2'5,2--D%L  *C+!H8'1 -1@ 24 1H'B! 2#2-% %-% H2'5,21H'B% H2'5,21H'D '4#20+L-% footballhits98 com.H2'8-% @!7H-96@'GH2'5,2--D%LA%I'1I AH-@%"'H2 !5+%2+%2"@'GD L C+IH2

Report this Post
martinT

I have a parts machine here in case you are interested, just give me a call 617 5159465.  Martin

Report this Post
mrwright

Jeff,

All 3 switched are off.

Thanks for your help with all of this. There seems to be an issue somewhere on the circuit board. If I can fnd another used GP8R available for parts, maybe I can convince the seller to remove the circuit board.

Aside from replacing both lid assemblies, that's the only thing left to try.

I'll update If I have anything new to add.

-Chris

Report this Post
medphysteo

I'm starting to run on fumes here.

In the near left corner of the circuit board you'll see SW1. It's a component with three small switches in it. Make sure they're all off.

Other than that all I can think of is the microprocessor, but I searched earlier and they don't seem to make that particular package anymore.

Sorry, that's all I've got left.

Jeff

Report this Post
mrwright

At the start of a run, U20 pin 10 holds steady at 4.76vDC, the moment I get the LID error, the voltage jumps to 4.82vDC.

Also, I just noticed that the LID error has started to occur earlier and earlier in the run. The first time this happened, the machine was running at full speed for 5 minutes before I received the LID error. Now, the machine runs no more than 20 or 30 seconds before this happens.

-Chris

Report this Post
medphysteo

Yes

Report this Post
mrwright

What's the best way for me to check this?

Should I start the machine with the front panel removed and measure the voltage on pin 10 of U20?

Report this Post
medphysteo

What happens on U20 pin 10 when the lid error happens? Does the voltage suddenly drop to zero?

Jeff

Report this Post
mrwright

The Voltage between pins 4 and 3 is indeed a solid 5vDC.

-Chris

Report this Post

Page 1 of 5