Discussion Category:  GC Systems

HP 6890 temperature calibrations

In old 5890 GC's there is a service menu that allows a technician to adjust temperature calibration for zones. i.e enter a corrected temperature reading from a calibrated thermometer and adjust the reading to correct to true.

Is there an equivalent service menu for the 6890? I can't find any menu where a corrected temperature offset can be entered to adjust an incorrect reading to the true value.

Asked by

Joe Burge
Report this Post
Alicocca

Dear Joe, I don't understand exactly what do you mean by "adjust temperature calibration for zones". You can set the column temperature directly from the GC keypad, press Oven, and with temperature selected press On/Yes and set the desired temperature. I do that to bake out the column before analysis. In order to set up the oven parameters, click the method menu, then click edit entire method, select your injection source/location. In the setup method window, select the oven button. The oven parameter are displayed. Mark the oven temp on checkbox. In the oven ramp, and post run you can select the temperatures. Select Apply to download these settings to the GC. I do have the latest version of Chemstation on our instrument, but it is very similar to the older one. I hope this help. Best wishes. Alice

Report this Post
Joe Burge

We have a multi-point calibration of all zones. The 100°C point is a few degrees off, but the 350 is running 314 actual so something has gone wrong with how the zone reads and the ramp. In older 5890 GC you had an option to actually adjust to a calibrated external temperature to try to get temps closer to the external reading. I don't see any way to get to that on a 6890 GC.

Report this Post
Alicocca

I will have a look, and let you know if I have any news.

Report this Post
Michelle@AOTI

Hello,

I can tell you on the 6890's if you hit options->calibration->oven you can calibrate the oven.  I am not certain of the other heated zones but I will certainly look into it for you.

Michelle

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1