Discussion Category:  Thermogravimetric Analysis

The sample temperature does not respond to set temperature

When I set the linear ramp of temperature between 30-600°C, if the sample has a weight loss at about 450-500°C, the sample temperature (and also the temperature visualized on instrument display) does not follow the set temperature, and at about 500°C, goes down; but then the temperature rises up to 600°C. Is it a malfunction of the furnace or calibration loss..or what?

Asked by

Lab2
Report this Post
Mark@uconn

First see if a furnace recalibration will fix the problem.  Sometimes you may need to run it a second time, after saving the first cal, if the furnace to sample TC difference is really far off.

Report this Post
LabWrench2844668

Hello,

If the furnace recalibration does not work, can you send me raw data. I can take a look at it and advise from there. You can emal me the data to brivas@rtinstruments.com

Report this Post
javy078
Hi, I have a similar problem, the sample temperature does not respond because if show a temperature around the 600ºC when I started the equipment, and it increases until the 1000ºC, more o less. I don't know what it happens with the equipment. Anybody can help me please.
Report this Post
LabWrench2844668
Hi, Display these temps: Program and sample. Let me know what the program temp says when unit is started up. Thanks
Report this Post

Page 1 of 1