Discussion Category:  GC Systems

Finding Compatible Parts for HP 5890 GC

Hi guys, we have an HP 5890A GC here in our lab we'd like to find a second GC to use for parts. Looking online, I've found many 5890's, but have noticed that most do not have the golden secondary button on the keypad like ours does. When looking for a second parts GC, how can we go about making sure it will work with our GC? Are all 5890's compatible in terms of parts swaps? 

Asked by

aminnick
Report this Post
Dan Ste.MarieReply by
Dan Ste.Marie

I just replied to your original post regarding the FID issue on your 5890 GC.  Many of the parts are completely interchangeable between the 5890A and 5890 Series II.  The biggest issue is various options that may or may not be the same between your GC and some hunk of junk you buy cheap.  There are plenty of good suppliers of TESTED used parts for these GCs and most all of the consumables are available on the secondary market.  I really wouldnt waste my money or time buying a second one for parts UNLESS I knew for suire that it was completely functional and configured similiarly to the one you had.  Most of the time problems with these GCs are easily resolved and prevented by good PM pratices and when indeed it is not a consumable at fault, the individual components are readily available.

Dan

Dan Ste.Marie

RJ2 Instrument Services

Erie, PA

www.rj2.biz

Report this Post

Page 1 of 1