Discussion Category:  PCR / Thermal Cyclers

Veriti 96

We receive the following error, wondering if anyone knows a fix without sending it out?

Error Number: 0x8013 Data: 0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00

This error is unrecoverable. Please contact the technical support and restart your instrument.

Asked by

crsimons
Report this Post
Haris

I am getting Error 0x8011. Data: 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. Any ideas?

Report this Post
Bodasafa
The error 8011 is due to open circuit temperature sensor. The wiring in the blue sleeving just under the lids breaks, check the wiring and solder joint it.
Report this Post
Haris

The blue protective shield has no visible breaks and the wires look good at the plug.

Report this Post
Bodasafa

Hi, at the plug on the right hand side, J1, there are 5 wires. The green wire is earth. The blue and black wires are across the heater inline with a thermal overheat device, it should read around 7ohms. The purple and white wires are across the temperature sensor and should read 10Kohms @ 25C. Opening/closing the lid may caue the wire to make/break.

The wiring tends to break inside its insulation, i.e inside the coloured wires. You will need to remove the blue protective sleeve and then find which wire has broken. You may be able to do this by gently pulling the wires, the insulation will stretch. Most probably the break will be around where the blue sleeve goes through the casing.

I have found several of these units do this, i tend to either remove the pins from the plug (difficult) or 

Carefully remove the blue sleeve, cut it off and throw it away.  Find the break, resolder the wire and heatshrink it. Cut the plug off leaving enough length to solder the wires back together after.

Report this Post
Haris

I could not find a break in any of the 5 wires.

Report this Post
Bodasafa
Hi, the open circuit is what is causing the error and problem. I believe the problem is a broken wire. I know you have noted that the wires appear intact but they break inside the insulation. Either the white or purple wire is broken, gently try to stretch the wires around where it bends, the one with the broken wire will stretch.
Report this Post
Haris

Many thanks!

Report this Post
nclelia6427

Hi everyone, 

I have a problem with an applied biosistem stepone plus real time pcr system thermal cycling block. I run a rt-qpcr and at certain point after 30 minutes the run aborted and I lose everything. Can someone help me? It's written fatal error LVAR TsSTART ....numbers.....timeout after 30 seconds for LLAC response. Thanks for the help. 

Report this Post
surajitchowdhury4067527
Does anyone have the circuit diagram of above model?? Is it available on the net ?? Can anyone help please... it's urgent
Report this Post
Labcare
Hi . from Experience this is a heated lid fault? Could be the thermal fuse blown or broken wire to the heated lid assembly?
Report this Post

Page 2 of 2